all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed NFL players are not like you and me

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Steve W.

Level 8 Valued Member
Just stumbled across this.

Cleveland Brown DL Myles Garrett doing box jumps onto a mid-thigh level box with a 40lb dumbbell in each hand.

Then doing box jumps onto a waist level box with a 50lb dumbell in each hand (scroll down to see the second video).

BTW, he's listed as 6'4" and 272lbs.

Nicholas A. Kovach on Twitter

Last edited:
How high is 'waist level' in that instance; I found the following impressive:

In another video he actually says that weight makes it easier (at least balancing the landing into a pistol squat):

How high is 'waist level' in that instance; I found the following impressive:

In another video he actually says that weight makes it easier (at least balancing the landing into a pistol squat):

I agree that's very impressive. But how many sacks did that guy have last year ;-)

I'm not that impressed, when I was about 18 I had the police chasing me one time and I jumped a series of fences in peoples yards like hurdles. You don't climb 6 foot fences when the police are chasing you, you touch them on the way over the top. They ended up catching me and they asked me why I was running from them, I said because you were chasing me. I hadn't even done anything wrong but when a cop says stop to a teenager the adrenaline kicks in and the chase is afoot.

Seriously though, that's freakish strength and power delivery from those guys.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom