all posts post new thread

Kettlebell No squat in ROP? / A+A?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Nate

Level 6 Valued Member
Realized the prying squats in S&S were great to keep in (not everyone needs to squat heavy but everyone needs to squat). But I didn't see any squat in ROP.....? Did I miss it in ETK?

THANKS!

You are correct that the squat is not officially listed in ROP, but you can do any warm up you see fit and you can also add these to variety days. ROP is fairly flexible.

I am starting RoP soon, and plan to do clean + front squat (2-3 ladders to 3) on the variety days. With the next-heavier weight I’m pressing.

Variety days are good days for squats. I've been doing 2 days a week of heavy (for me) dfsq, if i did that near a heavy ROP day i cant imagine it going well. probably why there not there. that said squats make me strong soo i do them.

since rop allows more thought, any downside to using A+A for swings/ snatches? seemed like s&s gave more structure to program minimum. same thing by doing a+a for swings?

I would use the goblet squat as warm up for the swings and snatches, after the presses. Actually I would go for single leg squat (bodyweight) on variety days.

In a sense, getup includes a very slow and gradual single leg squatting movement with a hand and opposite knee support.

Alactic + Aerobic. Training system for conditioning that uses both energy systems, but stays away from the glycolytic system. Several articles that address it if you search 'alactic + aerobic'.

Realized the prying squats in S&S were great to keep in (not everyone needs to squat heavy but everyone needs to squat). But I didn't see any squat in ROP.....? Did I miss it in ETK?

THANKS!

Front section there is the face the wall squat in the warm up if I remember correctly.

Into week 3 of ROP and squatting either as warmup (goblet squat) on Heavy day (quicker than getups), or on variety days - heavier clean & front squat, one arm or double bells. It’s going fine, doesn’t seem to detract from pressing progress (no overhead work).

You can always practice squats using the rule of 10/easy strength before commencing your main session..

or grease the groove

My favourite way to squat is to do goblet squat with your 1H swing weight as part of the warm up.

Here is my "standard warm up" which I do before every session:

1a: halos (16 kg) 3x5 per side
1b: pushup 3x5-10
1c: goblet squat (40kg) 3x5

That way you get a decent "collateral" squat and pushup volume.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom