all posts post new thread

Noah Marek's Training log

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
By chance, is that Snatch Plan 384 from Hector Gutierrez? If so, I signed up to check it out, but I may not have enough bells. I think 24 is too light for my 5-7RM, but I can't do 32 at all. So 28 is probably right but I don't have a 28 to try it. Plus it's a lot of volume on top of RoP...
I'm doing 384g

@Timothy Friel I am doing 384G as well which calls for using a bell you can snatch at the same fast cadence for 15-25 reps. I don’t have a 28kg bell and I definitely can’t snatch 32kg for 15 reps without overgripping so I stuck with 24kg.

@Sean M 384 is more of strength based protocol while 384G is based on higher rep sets with long rests for endurance. I don’t have the necessary bells for 384 either. It also would be a lot of volume on top of ROP.

Last edited:
@Timothy Friel I am doing 384G as well which calls for using a bell you can snatch at the same fast cadence for 15-25 reps. I don’t have a 28kg bell and I definitely can’t snatch 32kg for 15 reps without overgripping so I stuck with 24kg.

@Sean M 384 is more of strength based protocol while 384G is based on higher rep sets with long rests for endurance. I don’t have the necessary bells for 384 either. It also would be a lot of volume on top of ROP.
Yeah I think I’ll stick with RoP. I don’t have enough bells for 384, don’t think I qualify for 384G (is that a separate PDF, or is it the last 4 weeks of the 12 week program?). Curious - what are the rep ranges per set? SF seems to be keeping it 5-10 lately (and heavy), while RoP says 10-20 (albeit at lighter weight than what one can otherwise swing).

@Maine-ah KB I’ll watch your training log to live the program vicariously!

Last edited:
@NoahMarek I read the email again from Hector and it says that the plan won't interfere with another program. I found a 6 week deadlift program I'm going to run with it and hit FPP on off days. It may turn out to be a good tsc peaking plan.

@Sean M It uses 8-12 rep sets but you rest long enough to get your HR down to about half your maximum HR. I like the idea of higher reps after doing lots of repeats of 5. It is definitely within StrongEndurance parameters. This is also a kind of peaking plan for the 5 minute snatch test. You can’t peak properly doing sets of 5.

@Timothy Friel Yeah, I plan on keeping my other strength training in there too. Although on days where the reps are 160+, I will keep my strength work minimal.

@NoahMarek I tested again and will Go with the 24. I tested around the same with it and the 28 but my cadence is much better with the 24 so I'll go with that. I'll lose some strength probably so I'll have to restart my a+a with the 28 and 32 versus the 32 and 36.

4-27-18
Warmed up a jump rope and a couple sets of snatches with 24kg and 32kg.
Top sets
Back squat 265lb* 3x5
*Today called for 245lb. After completing my second set and thinking the weight felt a little heavier than expected, I looked again and realized I had been squatting 265!! It may have been a subconscious decision considering the guy next to me was squatting 260 :p I don't know if I have ever miscalculated like this before, but I will take it!
Bench 160lb 3x5
Deadlift 275lb 1x5
Pull up 5lb 3x5
-Thought about going up in the deadlift but then decided against it since my back was pretty sore from squatting. The weight for pull ups is still very light for me, but I am doing strict reps and I love the feel of them! I need to keep weighted pull ups in my program considering I have a pull up bar at home!

Have a great weekend! (y)

I’m considering either starting Plan 384 instead of 384G or just doing A+A snatches. This is supposed to be a base building block and so I would rather wait to peak for a snatch test until the next TSC. I will think about what to do and then commit to a plan by Monday.

4-29-18
Run- 31 minutes
-In the middle of this run, I decided to add 3 all out sprints of about 50 yards followed by walking to recover, basically some A+A sprint repeats. They felt amazing! Definitely going to keep throwing in a few sprints from now on!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom