all posts post new thread

Noah Marek's Training log

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
12-7-18
1A press- doubles with the 32kg and singles with 36kg
CoC gripper: singles using a 30mm set: 5 with the 1 and 5 with the 1.5
Front squats 36kg + 32kg 4x3
Push ups 2x15
Goblet squat 32kg 2x10

12-8-18
Clean and jerk
24kg x10/10, 16kg x20/20, 24kg x10/10, 16kg x10/10

-In the midst of finals week (now through thurday) and just wanted to squeeze in a quick session tonight of 100 clean and jerks. Fun and efficient session!

12-9-18
CoC T 2x5 (CCS)
CoC #1- 9 singles (CCS)
CoC #1.5- 1 single attempt (CCS; made R, missed L)

Kettlebell complex from Atos (kettlebell workout snacks)
24kg bell
4 cleans
4 presses
4 front squats
4 swings
4 front squats
x3 rounds (120s rest between sets)

Push ups 3x10

Solid training session tonight! Hoping to squeeze my next one in on Tuesday evening.

12-4-18
Captains of Crush gripper baseline testing
-3 attempts with the 1.5 and I closed it 2 out of 3 times with each hand!

Super happy to have closed the 1.5 from a credit card set on each side! I honestly was surprised to get it on the right side let alone the left. It definitely wasn't the most convincing close but within a couple weeks, I'm sure I will be closing it every time!
Great job, you are quickly narrowing the gap on your goal of CCSing the #2!

12-13-18
Officially finished my 3rd semester of physical therapy school today! Halfway through!! I kicked off my celebration by starting my workout with beast snatches! Have never tried these before but was able to get 3 solid singles per side!

Noah Marek (training account) on Instagram: “Finished my last final today for my 3rd semester of physical therapy school! I’m officially halfway through! Kicked off my celebration by…”

After that,
Pistol squats 3x(24kgx2, 16kgx5)
CoC #1 (all credit card set width) 6x2 (failed a rep on my left on my last set, may have to just be ok with doing a different amount of reps on each hand since my right is stronger)
Front squats 2x32kg 4x6

Great day!

I am reading your training blog journal here, and they are very inspiring. I have learnt a lot from you, and I started incorporating it into my own program. Inspired by you I cut down on my program shopping and my need for extreme variety.

I am curious about your experience with the high-reps push-ups that you are using. Do you feel your strength is increasing or anything like that ?

I am reading your training blog journal here, and they are very inspiring. I have learnt a lot from you, and I started incorporating it into my own program. Inspired by you I cut down on my program shopping and my need for extreme variety.

I am curious about your experience with the high-reps push-ups that you are using. Do you feel your strength is increasing or anything like that ?
I really appreciate that man! I don’t have a place to bench press, so high rep push ups and lower reps of harder variations hit the hypertrophy need and also some decent strength. Between heavy overhead presses and a good volume of push up work, I think my pressing musculature and strength gets a good stimulus. For overall pressing strength, I focus on overhead kettlebell pressing and one arm push ups.

And in regards to the variety thing, I think it’s very beneficial to focus primarily and building up a few lifts but you can also add in variety as accessory/hypertrophy work.

12-15-18
Pull day
1A snatch 36kg 5+5 on the 3 minutes x6 rounds
CoC grippers- parallel set training with the 1 and 1.5
1 arm rows 36kg 3x8
Accessory work: curls, wrist curls, reverse curls
-awesome training session!

12-17-18
Snatch 36kg 5+5 on the 2:50 x 6 rounds
Front squats 32+36kg 2x5, 2x32kg x8
1A press 32kg 3x3
CoC grippers- credit card set training with the Trainer and #1
Accessory work: push ups, curls, reverse curls

12-23-18 update
I was sick with a stomach bug and did not train at all for 3 days following my last post. Since then, i’ve done two kettlebell workouts and then a run this morning. Feeling much better!

12-24-18
Push ups 5x10
Captains of Crush
L hand: #1 x3,3; R hand: #1 x5,5
Viking warrior conditioning 16kg 7 rep cadence x20 minutes
-great quick session! Merry Christmas Eve everyone!

12-25-18
Clean and jerk 2x24kg 5r every 2 min x5 round
-MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

12-26-18
Press 2x24kg 4x5
Front squat 2x24kg 4x10
Ab wheel from knees 3x5
Grip work on CoC #1 and my new Rolling Thunder and Hub from IronMind!!!
-so excited to train using these 3 trip implements now for a more well-rounded grip!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom