all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Normal soreness?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Anth

Level 4 Valued Member
Hello!

I've been working on S&S for about 7 months now, and I am currently comfortable with timeless simple (with the 32) and I am working on the simple challenge (with the 24). During several of my form checks, I was told that I wasn't hinging deep enough. Being 6'3" makes deep hinging a little more difficult.

Yesterday, I really focused on hinging deeply. I felt pretty good, and strong, and, as it happens, this was a two-handed swing day, so I was able to be more explosive. The thing is, my hamstrings are very sore today. Is this a normal result of focusing on a deeper hinge? I haven't been this sore since I started S&S, so I'm a little nervous. Should I just keep going and assume the soreness will go away?

I am currently doing timeless simple on Monday and Wednesday, and practicing the simple challenge on Saturday. I am also doing boxing, muay thai and bodyweight workouts 1-2 other days for recovery.

Keep going? Let my body adapt?
Thanks in adavance?

I think it's a good sign! Eccentric contractions are notorious for creating soreness, so having the hamstrings working and stretching at the same time (as they are when you get a good deep and tight hinge and have it loaded properly) in an amount more than you are accustomed to probably is the cause of the soreness.

Maybe just take a light day or two. Shouldn't hurt anything to continue when you feel ready. The good news is, once your body adapts to that slightly different workload, it shouldn't make you sore anymore. And you will have more powerful swings :)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom