all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Not so Simple and Sinister

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Hello comrades, lately my arms have been feeling incredible pain which has ultimately weakened my lifts. How long shall I rest on simple and sinister and not decrease my progression? I want to go back as soon as possible because I simply hate not training.

Hello comrades, lately my arms have been feeling incredible pain which has ultimately weakened my lifts. How long shall I rest on simple and sinister and not decrease my progression? I want to go back as soon as possible because I simply hate not training.
the book seems to indicate a hypothetical minimum 2 days per week, but one has to gauge their ownership of what's going on with your goals in training and how your progress is manifesting.

for example: I've been experiencing pain in my right forearm around my wrist, so I've backed off in the swing and the pain has subsided. as dan john replied to a person complaining that squats hurt their back, he retorted: NO, doing squats doesn't hurt your back; doing squats the way you do squats hurts your back.

I've found that tweaking my own timing, alignment, and finding different cues as my body changes, is something i have to be in tune with regularly. I've been able to fix a lot of joint pain by filming myself and critiquing my form . there's still too much that's obvious to me to feel the need to require others to add input when i can see obvious areas of improvement. But, I digress.

My backing off from the swing is in response to the section of S&S 2.0 where there's a discussion of hard style laziness. I think i was taking the cue for the down swing too hard, and maybe I was overdoing the activation of my lats and putting some unnecessary torque on my arm and wrist as i think of breaking the handle of the kettle bell in half. I think that was a great cue at first to find lat activation, but i may have over thought it in the long run. So , now i lightly time some added influence from my lats further after the mid air pause; and my wrist is feeling better.

i hope these thoughts of adjusting the cues that you're thinking of during the exercise are helpful .

Edit: me first day I did all 100 swings and ten get ups and my body demanded the next three days off.
Also,

Last edited:
I realized a second value of the extensions, it helps recover of the healing skin on the palm of your hand. At least for me it does.

I believe in the book he says not to start with 1 hand swings immediately. I can't remember if it's emphasized as much in 2.0, but it was certainly the case in the first edition.
Any time I moved up in KB size I always started by doing two handed swings and eventually went to doing it with one arm. It's how I progressed and made great strides without overtaxing myself and sacrificing form.

Haven’t trained in 2 days because apparently it’s monsoon season in South Jersey. Had to rush this one in as well as a storm was brewing. Went off script today and just did basically Simple and Sinister with see saw presses added. Sloppy form and rushed today and forgot a lot of coaching cues.

Haven’t trained in 2 days because apparently it’s monsoon season in South Jersey. Had to rush this one in as well as a storm was brewing. Went off script today and just did basically Simple and Sinister with see saw presses added. Sloppy form and rushed today and forgot a lot of coaching cues.

28kg x12 see saw press is no joke!!! And don’t sweat it about not having perfect form in 1hSW and TGU - you WILL get better with time. Nobody started with perfect (this doesn’t exist btw) or even good.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom