all posts post new thread

Nutrition Not stuck anymore...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
And I'm guessing you might be a bit stronger, too.

If you're natty, ultra low bodyfat percentages are not conducive to strength or total muscle mass.

I'm not saying one has to go full sumo, but bodybuilder "show ready" lean isn't actually good for strength and athletic performance.
Wouldn’t disagree. Subjectively, my body feels like it has more reserve to handle what is going on.

Sure, I would love to be ripped, but if my overall sense of wellness is better with a little more body fat, then so be it. I’m still in the fit range for my age and gender.

saying that only consuming fat specifically would definitely put you into a state of autophagy.

How does that work then?

A very good activity with many health outcomes is....movement and exercise.

Prolong a fast to seek out autophagy?

A long fast is also a major stress....so get some autophagy, reduce thyroid function and get a slow sluggish metabolism as a result, maybe? .....there are consequences.

Eat well, exercise and move regularly. Be at a healthy weight, not too fat, not too thin and things work better, including autophagy.

How does that work then?

A very good activity with many health outcomes is....movement and exercise.

Prolong a fast to seek out autophagy?

A long fast is also a major stress....so get some autophagy, reduce thyroid function and get a slow sluggish metabolism as a result, maybe? .....there are consequences.

Eat well, exercise and move regularly. Be at a healthy weight, not too fat, not too thin and things work better, including autophagy.
Oh I’m not sure. Autophagy has never been something I sought out. Just remembering that podcast I listened to.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom