all posts post new thread

Off-Topic [Nutrition] High Protein options at every fast food chain

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

caeth6

First Post
**Mods please tell me if this post is suitable for this forum. If not, I will take it down

I was keeping a running list of high protein items at the places I was going to for lunch everyday (office job downtown)

Around the beginning of this year I was learning to make websites and thought this would be a great idea for one. After a lot of data gathering here it is:

Healthiest/high protein items at every fast food chain

I think most useful thing is to sort by highest Protein per calorie.

Let me know what you think

Can't you just use your eyes? Meaning if you know that meat has protein and bread does not, then meat to bread ratio is easy to just see. So a subway sandwich may have less fat, but its a lot of bread with little meat. And a McDonalds sandwich has a good meat to bread ratio, but you know its gonna have a lot of fat and salt. Seems like this is common sense.

They all have to state calories and macronutrients here. At least has to be available. The drive through at McDonald’s here has the calories under the price I’m sure. I get coffee regularly on the way to night shift. Occasionally a ham cheese toastie as well. Never a burger, rubbish. Our kids won’t even eat them.

**Mods please tell me if this post is suitable for this forum. If not, I will take it down

I was keeping a running list of high protein items at the places I was going to for lunch everyday (office job downtown)

Around the beginning of this year I was learning to make websites and thought this would be a great idea for one. After a lot of data gathering here it is:

Healthiest/high protein items at every fast food chain

I think most useful thing is to sort by highest Protein per calorie.

Let me know what you think
You did a nice job. The website is easy to use and has lots of good sorting and filtering options. Quite extensive too, bet you put a lot of time into this. Thanks for sharing.

UNLIKE to the above pots.....I LOOOOOOVE fast food. I like McDonalds & Burger Kings & Wendy's. I treat myself once per week by getting a Egg McMuffing AND a McChicken Bisquit on the way to work. I also enjoy the fried chicken at the grocery store deli. I am NOT however skinny, svelt, ript, yoked or stacked. I am a strong man who enjoys swinging the old K-bell.

They all have to state calories and macronutrients here.

One of the issue I have with fast food macro nutrients is that it's just not enough protein for my needs.

I usually try to get at least 50 -70 grams of protein from real food per meal, minimum, in order to hit my daily protein goals, which means I only have to drink one protein shake to "top up".

Great website mate, the biggest thing I took from it is that we are being short-changed by KFC in Australia, I'd love to be able to get some corn bread and green beans with my original recipe!

Great website mate, the biggest thing I took from it is that we are being short-changed by KFC in Australia, I'd love to be able to get some corn bread and green beans with my original recipe!
I remember a US KFC having a full on salad bar when I visited mid-90's.
It still hasn't caught on in the UK.

Can't you just use your eyes? Meaning if you know that meat has protein and bread does not, then meat to bread ratio is easy to just see. So a subway sandwich may have less fat, but its a lot of bread with little meat. And a McDonalds sandwich has a good meat to bread ratio, but you know its gonna have a lot of fat and salt. Seems like this is common sense.
It's true, I eyeball most things these days. Early on when I didn't know I looked up a lot more info.
I just keep it simple by not eating fast food.
This is the best option. I find myself eating out a lot when busy though.
You did a nice job. The website is easy to use and has lots of good sorting and filtering options. Quite extensive too, bet you put a lot of time into this. Thanks for sharing.
Appreciate it man!
I’m in the wrong country (Australia), and I don’t really do fast food unless I’m in a real lunch, but that’s a great website you’ve put together. Well done!
I will add other countries including Maccas data, since I have the tools made. Thanks for checking it out

Thanks man! I'm sure you guys have things we don't .. I'm always surprised in a good way when I have McD's and KFC outside the USA

I used to count my protein and spend a lot of money at GNC etc. Now I am an old man that just want to be strong so I don't get all nuts on that stuff. There are days when I eat a massive steak and days when I get no protein at all.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom