all posts post new thread

Old Forum NW question

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

LoganMurphy

Level 2 Valued Member
Hey y'all, been following the NW program religiously since my change in working hours has made it tough to lift barbells. I am snatching kettlebells twice a week as well, short sessions one heavy one light(DL even one day was hard for recovery with my schedule and bjj on top of that). I was wondering if anyone has alternated gtg OAP one day and then the next gtg pistols and so on? How did it work out? I was thinking this would allow you to be even more focussed on the days training.

If you try it, please report back on how it goes. My guess is that it's less than optimal because the GTG idea is maximum volume with minimum fatigue - tough to achieve maximum volume if you don't do it every day. But it could work - it would make an interesting experiment, IMHO.

-S-

Well, I'll try just that over the course of the next month or so and report back. At worst it won't hurt. I'll be doing a set every 15-30 min of either OAP Or pistols staying in the 3-5 rep range. Ill keep my two snatch sessions a week and I'll see how it goes.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom