all posts post new thread

TSC October 1st TSC Prep

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

tobrien

Level 4 Valued Member
I am competing in the October 1st TSC in the Men's Open division. I am just finishing a hypertrophy barbell program. I have done very little conditioning over the past 6 weeks. I plan on using the TSC as a barometer for where I am at currently. I am looking for programming advice for preparing/programming for the TSC over the next 6 weeks. I'm looking to pull 455#-475#. My pull ups and snatches need the most work. I am currently planning on using Jason Marshall's program that he published here (TSC Training Plans for Athletes of All Levels), but I just wanted to see if any of you had any other thoughts. TIA.

IMHO, you will need more training focus and time to make it through the snatch event than through a single set of pullups, so I'd focus heavily on getting used to 5-min and longer efforts with a lighter bell for snatches, then be sure to move up to your competition weigh and perhaps last it well before your TSC.

I don't recall the details of Jason's plan, but also consider working with Jason and having him design a program specifically for you.

-S-

I am competing in the October 1st TSC in the Men's Open division. I am just finishing a hypertrophy barbell program. I have done very little conditioning over the past 6 weeks. I plan on using the TSC as a barometer for where I am at currently. I am looking for programming advice for preparing/programming for the TSC over the next 6 weeks. I'm looking to pull 455#-475#. My pull ups and snatches need the most work. I am currently planning on using Jason Marshall's program that he published here (TSC Training Plans for Athletes of All Levels), but I just wanted to see if any of you had any other thoughts. TIA.

A very simple program to get Snatching.

Emom for 10 min
Start with

A. 5l 5r, next minute 5r 5l. Continue for 10 min

Next session 6l, 6r for 9 minutes

Next session A. Again

Next session 7l, 7r for 8 minutes

Next session A. again.

this will help you find where you are, get snatching and work some volume before you work on intensity.

I can be more helpful if you add a video for suggestions.

Happy Training.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom