all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Off hand on the swing

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Oso Rojo

Level 5 Valued Member
I thought I saw a comment here the other day about the off hand on a single arm swing. It said it should be in a fist at the high point of the swing. After seeing that I noticed mine is a knife edge . What should the off hand be at the top of the swing?

I thought I saw a comment here the other day about the off hand on a single arm swing. It said it should be in a fist at the high point of the swing. After seeing that I noticed mine is a knife edge . What should the off hand be at the top of the swing?
Personally I don't think it really matters. I like to reach my hand out and touch the outside of the bell to make sure my shoulders are square. The fist position helps generate tension and gives you a solid finish position. I use either or.

As Adam said, it really does not matter. Just keep it in sync with the loaded hand, to prevent rotation of the upper body.

Thanks. I started doing what I do because of the same reason you guys said. I have to constantly work on keeping my shoulders square and back.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom