all posts post new thread

Bodyweight OHpullups & pistols

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

MatiPK

Level 1 Valued Member
Hi.
Could you suggest me type of training to do OHpullups & pistols strength.
I thought about ledders like in ROP taking appropriate progression of exercises.
I also want to add a push move on upper body to them. I thought about weighted dips.
Could I add simple plan to this? Or do u have any other suggestion to get my goals.

Plan 5x5 worked the best for me. I trained 4x/week. Twice pull and twice push&legs. After 3 months I reached my goals of Pistol Squat.

If you're wondering about programming for OAP, I did a pretty basic schedule. 4 training days a week.

1st week: 5x5 at 80%max
2nd week: 4x4 at 85%max
3rd week: 3x3 at 90%max
4th week: Deload

The % max is based on the lightest weight you can do a OAP using the rope method Jim describes in the Beastskills article.

So let's say you can do a rep holding onto 20 lbs and you weigh 150 lbs. That means your arm can pull 130 lbs (100%max), so 80%max would be an arm pulling 105 lbs. So you'd use a 45 lb weight for those sets.

Hope it's not too complex but it worked really well. I used it for 7 months continuously recalculating maxes every month until I got a OAP. Then I GTGed for a couple of weeks and quickly got 3 per side.

I made a thread about it before that has some useful info, plus a few OACU videos
One arm Chin Form Check

So I think GTG or 5x5 will be best option. Can I add some heavy deadlifts and sinister progression to this?
Monday
- deadlifting 5x5 last set with 90% 5RM or later with Friday 1x3 weight (ramp method)
- gtg pistols and ohpulls

Tuesday
-sinister progression
gtg pistols and ohpulls

Wednesday Light
Deadlifting 5x5 last two sets 80%weight from last monday set

Thursday
-sinister progression
gtg pistols and ohpulls

Friday
-deadlifting 5x5 last set 1x3 +2,5% to monday weight and 1x8 Wednesday weight.
gtg pistols and ohpulls

Saturday
-sinister progression
-gtg pistols and ohpulls

What do u think? Is there a option to add some dips because there is not push move for upper body.

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom