all posts post new thread

Barbell Old 40 day strength program

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

RunJumpFLy

Level 4 Valued Member
Greetings,
Right now I am on PTTP. I intend to go on the old 40-day strength program . I like this program due to its simplicity and similarity with PTTP. This is the exercises I have selected:
  • Deadlift
  • Bench Press
  • Heavy biceps curls. (Pull-ups in future)
  • simple full-body explosive move?
  • Ab wheel/Ab walkout
My problem is I do not have access to kettlebells in my gym. Is it okay to replace kettlebell swings with medicine ball throws or dumbbell snatches? I am open to other options too. Thanks

Hello,

@RunJumpFLy
to replace kettlebell
Do you have an access to different dumbells (from light to heavy) ?

That could "more or less" replace. Indeed, dumbells do not have handle. About the swing, "nevermind", but it will change a little the kinetic and physics related to the snatches, even if it is pretty close.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Watch out for your knees - I'm not a fan of poor form causing a trainee to get hit.

-S-

Plate swings, why have I never thought of this? A plate load using a 25kg bumper plate, or two York 45's would be an awesome pinch grip swing exercise. I have to try it. I do plate pinch bottoms up clean and press, and dead stop hand to hand and flip and catch. Plate swing flip and catch juggling, that sounds fun.

@Geoff Chafe, plate juggling, plate presses - all good. I have some meaningless record in the USAWA for doing this at a record breakers meet - clean and press a pair of 10 lb. plates or something equally lightweight. But I much prefer the Oly style of clean, which we would call a dead clean with a kettlebell, for this sort of thing.

@RunJumpFLy, I wouldn't substitute - do something appropriate with the equipment you have.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom