all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Old time strongman grip training article.

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I used to have some large dia (100mm, 150mm) PVC pipe that I did Hangs and pull-ups on. Talk about working the open-hand grip position!!!

Hello,

That is pretty tough indeed ! I do not use it systematically though. Most of the time, I do it "by feeling" or as an assistance grip training (if needed) when I go heavier with my bells for example.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

That is pretty tough indeed ! I do not use it systematically though. Most of the time, I do it "by feeling" or as an assistance grip training (if needed) when I go heavier with my bells for example.

Kind regards,

Pet'
I competed in a grip contest a few years back that featured a hang for time on a thick PVC pipe section that was loosely slid over a pullup bar-type apparatus. It was BRUTAL.

Hello,

@bencrush
Is chalk permitted ? I do admit that I sweat too fast on the end. Most of the time, sweat makes me fall before I get tired hehe

Kind regards,

Pet'

I use both regular and extreme. Mostly to hit the hand differently. It cuts the weight way down, but doesn't feel any easier to me. Some deadlift holds from and old workout: 315x14sec, 245x3sec fg, 205x8sec exfg

The regular definitely get way more use. I had them in the program for a while, now only pull the extreme out when there is extra in the tank mentally, but I don't feel like I should be greedy with heavier weight.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom