all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Older Athletes: Anyone Use TRT or Peptides?

i'm 61. to be honest, my life would prolly be a whole lot easier if my testosterone levels declined.

There's an easy fix for that!

unnamed-1.jpg

Being someone with Hashimotos Disease, I think many should be looking at their Thyroid levels before anything else. When my doctor found my thyroid problem she said that she couldn't believe how I had been able to function. She told me that I basically had no hormones in my body at all. No thyroid, no testosterone or estrogen. It was all bottomed out. She questioned me all sorts of things and asked me about my sex drive, and amazingly, it didn't seem much effected by the low levels. She did another panel with more complete testing and found that even with my test levels down in the low 200s that I am one of the lucky ones that seem to be blessed with naturally higher free test levels.

I started on Synthroid and it was better than nothing, but when I got on Armour Thyroid taking 3 grains daily things started to jump into the levels that they needed to be. As of recent, my insurance has decided that they will only pay for Synthroid and no more of the desiccated thyroid medications. I tried the VA and got the same thing. I'm taking 137mcg right now and I'm struggling to keep my hormones in balance. At this level my test stays in mid-low range but now they claim my TSH is much too low and want to reduce my dosage. I try to explain it to them than when I was on 3 grains of Armour everything was good and was stable for years, but they just have to turn around and f*** with it.

also, I want to say that people claim that you can't get stronger or bigger with mid to lower range test levels are full of it. I've been doing it for years upon years and I'm still doing it. A few years back I was talking with a guy that I had known used D-Bol, Anadrol, and Tren and he had recently got on TRT therapy. I asked him about the differences, he said that TRT is like getting a good night of sleep, but the other stuff was like taking a superman drug, especially the D-bol and Tren.

he said that TRT is like getting a good night of sleep, but the other stuff was like taking a superman drug, especially the D-bol and Tren.

This maps to my comment up thread on peptides:

They're not that much of a game changer if you're already maxing your nutrition, recovery, and sleep.

[not to say that TRT and peptides are identical]

I started on Synthroid and it was better than nothing, but when I got on Armour Thyroid taking 3 grains daily things started to jump into the levels that they needed to be. As of recent, my insurance has decided that they will only pay for Synthroid and no more of the desiccated thyroid medications.
Same for me but I did get a script and now that I’m retired I pay $55 a month out of pocket. My wagon was draggin for years without it. Sometimes I had to defend myself so people would not look at me as being lazy.

Same for me but I did get a script and now that I’m retired I pay $55 a month out of pocket. My wagon was draggin for years without it. Sometimes I had to defend myself so people would not look at me as being lazy.
I'm going to have to do something. I have my yearly appointment coming up in March and I'm going to tell them I've just about had it with the Synthroid. I had a great doctor that moved and got another job. He had me on 112mcg of Synthroid and 12.5mcg of Cytomel per day. It felt pretty close to the Armour 3grains. The VA won't prescribe the Cytomel and I've called and asked some others and they say they only prescribe synthroid. I don't know whats up with that, but I'm thinking the Sythroid people have got their hooks in all these doctors and insurance companies with kick backs. All the while its killing some of us.

I do what I do physically out of pure mental toughness or utter stupidity and not knowing any better. I sure don't get any help from my hormones! It would feel nice to have that good thyroid pep again with my metabolism hopping. Now I can walk past a head of broccoli and put of 5lbs of fat.

let me ask you something, could you take a nap anytime of the day? I swear, I can't sit down anymore and I'm dozing off instantly. That was my main issues when my doctor found my problem. I could come home after work and lay down on the couch and sleep all evening, get up to eat, and then right back to bed.

I sure don't get any help from my hormones!
Thyroid Hormone Signaling in Muscle Development, Repair and Metabolism

Your throid medition may have provuded some assistance...

"It is well known that T3 stimulates skeletal muscle growth by increasing number and diameter of the muscle fiber [19].

let me ask you something, could you take a nap anytime of the day? I swear, I can't sit down anymore and I'm dozing off instantly. That was my main issues when my doctor found my problem. I could come home after work and lay down on the couch and sleep all evening, get up to eat, and then right back to bed.
Oh yes, when I was in the army they made fun of me because I would almost fall asleep standing at attention. Definitely when I was working, also makes for forgetfulness/ cognitive issues.
Do you know what I attribute my thyroid issue with, the dentist. When I was young I needed braces but my parents could not afford them so I had many fillings. Back then the X-rays were way more powerful than today, much radiation. Then the dentist would fill my teeth with mercury fillings. The container had a skull and cross bones on it. The dental industry denied that mercury was bad for years however today they no longer use them. I wonder why.

I do what I do physically out of pure mental toughness or utter stupidity and not knowing any better. I sure don't get any help from my hormones! It would feel nice to have that good thyroid pep again with my metabolism hopping. Now I can walk past a head of broccoli and put of 5lbs of fat.
Physical feel the same, yes mental toughness that’s a good description. I am not ******g lazy. Can’t remember names very good either. I take 60 mg. Golden era BB’s used Armor for cutting so you my benefit switching. Iodine helps but you have to be careful. Hope it all works out for you.

Last edited:
Because I travel internationally I‘m very accustomed to shopping around for my pharmaceutical (and other) needs. Jurisdictional differences are profound and I’d love to say that the regime for pharmaceuticals is based on science and good medicine but when you look into it, it’s usually nothing more than who has more influence, doctors or pharmaceutical companies. Doctors don’t want you to access medication except after paying them, pharmaceutical companies don’t want consumers discouraged from medication by the added cost of a doctor’s bill. As I’ve posted, in Australia you can’t legally access testosterone unless you pay for multiple visits to the doctor and associated bloodwork whereas in other countries testosterone is on the pharmacy shelf between the vitamins and the herbs. And of course the joke on all of us is that the advice that your doctor provides to you about your medication is the advice provided to your doctor by the pharmaceutical company which these days is available to everyone on the internet. I’m not suggesting that there isn’t a role for doctors, I’m the first to go to the clinic if the problem and solution aren’t apparent from my own research.

Physical feel the same, yes mental toughness that’s a good description. I am not ******g lazy. Can’t remember names very good either. I take 60 mg. Golden era BB’s used Armor for cutting so you my benefit switching. Iodine helps but you have to be careful. How it all works out for you.
I felt the best on 3 grains of Armor. My feet, hands, and nose was always warm, never hardly had a sniffle either. Having a nice warm body keeps these little bugs away from you. Iodine does nothing for me as my thyroid gland produces 0.

There is quite a stir about TRT becoming less available any thoughts on how it will turn out?
Do you know why it might become less available? Given the propensity of big pharma to medicalise everything and maximise uptake I would have predicted the trajectory to be TRT to become more available and less reliant on doctors (ie pharmacist medication as in some jurisdictions).

@LukeV

More Plates More Dates has a YouTube video that explains a little.
Also Mark Bell, RxMuscle and Testosterone and Men’s health.

This Link is passed and closed for comments 3/31/23. It seems to be mostly for telemedicine prescriptions and how things will be more complicated to be under a doctors care.

Back
Top Bottom