all posts post new thread

Nutrition OMAD vs IF for productivity

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Thanks for the replies. I couldn't make it work because I failed to eat enough in the evening and I liked my Saturday morning breakfast at the local greasy spoon too much!

I'm tempted to give it another try since I'm walking/rucking five days/week.

Thanks for the replies. I couldn't make it work because I failed to eat enough in the evening and I liked my Saturday morning breakfast at the local greasy spoon too much!

I'm tempted to give it another try since I'm walking/rucking five days/week.
FYI, it still works at less than 7 days a week. Like training, you could wave it.

I was tempted to start another thread, but thought it should fit well here: For those that do IF and/or OMAD, how did you transition? Cold turkey or some type of taper?
Super gradually for me and my wife both. I had a head start in that I typically didn’t eat until 1 pm or so, anyway.

But when we did WD, it was first just twice a week. Next step was WD on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.

Now, years later, I just go with the flow, and once in a while eat all day long if the rice strikes me, but it rarely does.

-S-

I like the old adage "eat for what you've done, not what you think you're going to do". Eating once a day is like a celebration. You've gotten all your stuff done, now it's time to eat relax and celebrate.
On a side note, I seen a study somewhere recently that says as long as your getting enough daily protein it doesn't matter if it's one meal or more. Just eat enough.

I was tempted to start another thread, but thought it should fit well here: For those that do IF and/or OMAD, how did you transition? Cold turkey or some type of taper?
I just did it cold turkey when I did it. multiple day fasts are a bit harder to do, but just skipping breakfast and lunch is pretty easy. Just have some cold water handy during your normal breakfast and lunch time.

I just did it cold turkey when I did it. multiple day fasts are a bit harder to do, but just skipping breakfast and lunch is pretty easy. Just have some cold water handy during your normal breakfast and lunch time.
Why cold water over anything else? Just curious...

Not too far off topic, interesting info on cold water in book by Gerald Pollack titled The Fourth Phase of Water.

I was trying to think of all the proponents of OMAD. Pavel Tsatsouline (strong and lean), Herscel Walker (strong, athletic, and muscular), Wim Hof (doesn't look too healthy, but sounds and seems like he has fun and energetic), and I've heard George St Pierre (strong, athletic, lean). So it must work and be sustainable. The leangains 16/8 seems to be the go to, but whatever works for you and you enjoy more
Ps. I forgot to mention Amen Ra (muscular ,strong, and has set powerlifting records). Hes a huge proponent of OMAD.
There are a fewer lesser know people Dan Vadnais and an army guy I heard on a Joe Rogan podcast.

Last edited by a moderator:
From post #18, I ended up continuing the fast for 7 days. I felt fine for the duration and I believe this was due to a good amount of practice with gaps between meals and a cyclical carb. intake based on activity. I did some form of training on all 7 days, just not glycolytic.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom