all posts post new thread

On the Road to Simple

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Monday October 3 @ 7:45pm

- prying goblet squat 5x2
- strong first hip bridge 5x2
- halos 5x2
- 100 1H swings 10x10
- 10 tgus 5x1

Total Time: 32 minutes
Max Heart Rate: 132 bpm
Avg Heart Rate: 91 bpm

Felt great again today. Now I just need to hit it 4 more times this week.

Tuesday October 4 @ 8:50pm

- halos 5x2
- 80 1H swings w/ 16kg (10x8)
- 10 2H swings w/ 24kg (5x2)
- 4 tgus w/16kg
- 4 tgus (to elbow only) w/ 24kg

Total Time: 22 minutes
Max Heart Rate: 123 bpm
Avg Heart Rate: 93 bpm

First night with the shiny new 24kg! Thing felt enormous and my workout was scaled back so I could focus on very small sets with it. The 16kg one never felt so light!

Last edited:
Thursday October 6 @ 11:30pm

- 20 1H swings w/ 16kg (10x2)
- 10 2H swings w/ 24kg

Swamped with work tonight but didn't want to miss the day completely. Tomorrow i'm training at lunch so I don't put my session at risk by putting it off until nighttime again.

First night with the shiny new 24kg! Thing felt enormous and my workout was scaled back so I could focus on very small sets with it. The 16kg one never felt so light!

Nothing like a heavier KB to make your other ones feel extra light. Yet, I never manage to retire any of them!

I picked up a bunch of inexpensive 10 lbers for my kids (8 years old) to use and learn on, and they come in handy for stacking on other kettlebells for some exercises. I use them more than they do.

Nice work on getting something in! Consistency is key for me as well. Like the man says, "An off day is better than a day off."

Exactly! I keep hearing "the man's" lines in my head. "If you don't have heavy days, you don't need light days... Die but do." Lol good stuff

Nothing like a heavier KB to make your other ones feel extra light. Yet, I never manage to retire any of them!

I picked up a bunch of inexpensive 10 lbers for my kids (8 years old) to use and learn on, and they come in handy for stacking on other kettlebells for some exercises. I use them more than they do.

Nice! My kids are all very curious about kettlebell lifting. When I got the 24, I also got my wife an 8 to learn on. Spread the word!

Friday October 7 @ 3:15pm

- halos 5x2
- 80 1H swings w/ 16kg (10x8)
- 10 2H swings w/ 24kg (5x2)
- 8 tgus w/16kg (8x1)
- 2 tgus w/ 24kg (2x1)

Total Time: 25 minutes
Max Heart Rate: 142 bpm
Avg Heart Rate: 108 bpm

First full getups with the 24!! Per Pavel's advice, I'm adding the 24 in on the second rep.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom