all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed One Arm BB Snatch

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Nice work. You must be doing something right because you look like a lifter, but without the gut. ;) And your voice suggests that you could do one heck of a good Karl Childers impression, ha! (My training partner @WxHerk is a pro at that)

The right arm is a great bent press. Left had a little press out at the end which at some point (probably more than that) would make it a side press. But I'm not sure about that... I thought a side press had no rotation, but recently learned differently.

Seems like a great combo with the one-arm snatch.

Thanks. I talk more like that young boy on there. Actually its an accent that is being lost, I think I read where our Appalachian accent is a dialect of Elizabethan English mixed with Scot-Irish and German. My kids don't talk like me. They sound like they're from up North somewhere..

Yeah, I'm still finding my form. These two reps where probably not the best out of the ones I did, but not the worse either. I have to say I was pretty fatigued after the snatching so that could play a part, but thats ok, it will all come together.

@Jeff Roark, nice work, strong stuff there.

Consider not using your other hand on your thigh for your one-armed snatch. That would make it legal in the federations that complete in that lift. NB: It will make the lift harder, accentuating the one-sided aspect of it.

-S-

Well, I take that back - the USAWA allows bracing on the thigh or knee with the other hand at the start of the lift.

-S-

Well, I take that back - the USAWA allows bracing on the thigh or knee with the other hand at the start of the lift.

-S-

With rule set aside, I don't think removing the hand from the thigh at the beginning of this lift would be a good idea. Maybe with light weights like I am using here it may not be such an issue, but once one gets into pulling heavier stuff I think it becomes more of a safety factor instead of assisting in the lift.

Also, don't worry, I'm getting loads of once sided work doing this. Its actually brutal. I have heavier one arm high pulls on tap this evening.

and thanks for the compliment Sir!

Wow. That's 9 lbs more than snatching a 48kg. And from the ground, too.

@Jeff Roark That's pretty awesome. That's a power snatch in my book as you're receiving the bar with only a slight knee bend. I wonder how much weight you could do in a full squat (Olympic style) snatch.

I just clocked the tune in the background as well! Nice.

@Jeff Roark That's pretty awesome. That's a power snatch in my book as you're receiving the bar with only a slight knee bend. I wonder how much weight you could do in a full squat (Olympic style) snatch.

I just clocked the tune in the background as well! Nice.
Probably quite a bit more. I have a knee thats injured from BJJ training and I'm just not comfortable with dropping into a squat very fast. I have to be really careful as I actually feel it sometime even doing this. I've sort of got my mind set on hitting 135lbs for a set of 10 on the style I'm doing now for next years goal. That will take a lot of effort and I'll have to take it really slow on the approach.

I think I could have done 12-15 reps with this weight last night but felt no need to push so hard as of now.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom