all posts post new thread

Bodyweight One-arm One-Leg Pushup Critique

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

David Whitacre

Level 4 Valued Member
Hi guys,

I made a couple videos recently of some pushups, I'd love any kind of constructive feedback!

Side view:

Front view:

Sorry for the quality, my cell phone doubles as my camera.

They look pretty good to me. You might experiment with a flatter lower back via tighter glutes and abs, but they're all legal reps in my books and form is correct.

-S-

I start out using about as much tension as I can muster, especially in the abs (to keep from wobbling) and the lats (to keep my shoulder from popping up into my ear).

I do notice, though, that as continuous reps get more difficult or I get tired that my control/tension tends to suffer.. You can see the difference in just the two videos above, between doing a single and going for four.

Hi David you inspired me to make a video to check my form, can you?
Code:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/otnB0tF_x-I?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Thanks Steve! I made it public. Looking forward to your valuable input. :)

Last edited:
Not bad - you need to plank your body more, less forward/backward bend at the hips, and a tighter plank should also bring your butt a little closer to the floor.

I could have done without the music - just sayin' :)

-S-

In addition to what the gentlemen said above, I would add: Don't rush it. Just like you wouldn't hit the gas in your car before you close the door & buckle up; lock in a solid starting position before you move.

My $0.02

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom