all posts post new thread

Old Forum One Arm One Leg Pushup Discussion

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Sean Schniederjan

Level 3 Valued Member
Tried this for the first time yesterday and came pretty close, but that is tough.

Please discuss your experience with it/training etc.

Seems like a better way of getting stronger than adding reps to the OAP.

I suspect that is the reason it was in the Naked Warrior book ;-)

I used to be able to do it and followed the various steps in the book to get there.  Definitely a better way of getting stronger than adding reps to the OAP.  When you are at multiple reps of the OAOLP you are going to have some impressive strength (I got distracted last time and went onto other things.  This time I'm hungry for owning it)

I love the OAOLPU.  I think it a pretty cool strength move and also a  very cool "hold my beer and watch this" move too  :]

My best was a single on the left side only.  I got there by the methods in Naked Warrior and especially by working down different size "boxes" until I got to level on the floor.

I want to work back to being able to do one and eventually progress to 3 good reps each arm.

Done it, liked it. Managed sets of 5, I think, and I could do a rep or two starting 'dead start' chest on the floor, with my left arm.

One arm planks helped a lot with keeping my hips/shoulders square. Lever pushups using only the fingers or eventually fingertips of the nonworking arm were the best helper that originally got me to strict OAP in the first place.

Sean, I find that if I'm doing my one-arm, two-legged pushups correctly, they turn into one-arm, one-leg pushups all by themselves - something about the way everything fires, and I know I'm not alone in having experienced this.

-S-

OAOL planks and dead start OAP did a lot for me. I'm good for about 2 reps per side when my training is focused and I'm recovering well.

I would agree with Steve -- most of the time in just OAP, my opposite leg comes up anyway. Every once in a while now, I work on holding the free leg high and the free arm out to the side. Awesome TVA & oblique work.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom