all posts post new thread

Bodyweight one arm push up.....quad question

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

ali

Level 7 Valued Member
Having a break from the kbs for a while and switched to naked warrior.
I have a question for one arms......I get a cramp-like feeling in my quads. It isn't sore, just makes me aware!! Right on the rec fem, or if it isn't that, in that area, mid quad. Opposite leg from my pressing arm......is this a good or bad thing? A concern or not, should dissipate over time? Over or under activity.....ie too tight or not tight enough? Any thoughts or considerations?
Thanks again.

I've found this to be normal in the past. I think of it as a sign of good linkage, if your opposite-to-pressing-side quad is tight (as well as everything else), chances are you have a good line of tension running all the way down your body; quad into abs, abs into lat/pec, lat/pec into shoulder, etc.

If it cramps and actually hurts at all, maybe some stretching is in order, but tightness is good from my experience with a drill like the OAPU which requires the full body to be rock solid.

Thanks @Harry Westgate ......found it odd that a press from the shoulder should cramp up your quads, hence my question. So it is more good than bad then. It isn't sore at all, a deep muscular cramp like twinge, in both legs dependent on the arm I press from. Interesting that I thought I could almost manage a one arm last year without ever practicing them.....and well I could but a frankenstein version of one with shockingly bad form. So turns out I'm nowhere near a proper one...onwards and upwards....thank you.

I've had cramps in quads with pistols and hanging leg raises. In my case a magnesium supplement made them disappear altogether almost at once.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom