one KB for life

kb02

Level 3 Valued Member
If you could only have one ,what size and type would it be??? No goal oriented stuff just one for everything.

Anna C

Level 9 Valued Member
Elite Certified Instructor
16kg. Most versatile, most usable for as many reps as I want to do for 1H swings, presses, get-ups, snatches, squats, cleans, bent presses, windmills, 1-leg deadlifts, and easy 2H swings. And it doesn't intimidate me when I'm feeling less than strong, or not warmed up.

kb02

Level 3 Valued Member
I'd have to agree with that reasoning, for me probably a 20 kg hardstyle . I bet someone is thinking 48kg . Just not me. :)

MattM

SFG1
Certified Instructor
Can I have other training equipment or is this lone kb all I can use forever?

MattM

SFG1
Certified Instructor
I might say a 40. Might seem heavy but don't forget other movements like 1 arm rows, floor presses, single leg deads, loaded carries.

Might choose a 32 for snatches and get ups though.

I don't know but I wouldn't want to outgrow a lighter one.

Mr. Nobody

Level 1 Valued Member
For me it would be a 32kg (less than 1/3 of BW) competition KB. :) My favourite KB lifts are the more dynamic quick lifts with one arm and a 32k is heavy enough to maintain some good strength.

MikeTheBear

Level 7 Valued Member
Well, assuming we could do bodyweight exercises, run and/or sprint, I would choose the 32 kg. A bit heavy now but I would grow into it. I would use the 32 for strength and run/sprint for "cardio." Eventually the 32 would start to feel light and would be more strength-endurance, but the 32 would be pretty tough to outgrow.

Funny, I now have only one pair of KBs and they are 32s. I don't really feel the need to get another pair (but we'll see). My logic: however many C&J reps I can get using a pair of 32s I should (at least) get using any smaller KB pair. Plus I can always supplement with a lighter or heavier barbell.

John Spezzano

Level 6 Valued Member
Senior Certified Instructor
Elite Certified Instructor
Fun thread! I'd say 28k. Light enough for a lot of squats, swings, presses and get ups, plus just going bottoms up with it will make all of those easy exercises really hard.

kb02

Level 3 Valued Member
Fun thread! I'd say 28k. Light enough for a lot of squats, swings, presses and get ups, plus just going bottoms up with it will make all of those easy exercises really hard.
I hope next year I can come back and say 28 kg or 32kg .

Top Bottom