all posts post new thread

Kettlebell one KB for life

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

kb02

Level 3 Valued Member
If you could only have one ,what size and type would it be??? No goal oriented stuff just one for everything.

16kg. Most versatile, most usable for as many reps as I want to do for 1H swings, presses, get-ups, snatches, squats, cleans, bent presses, windmills, 1-leg deadlifts, and easy 2H swings. And it doesn't intimidate me when I'm feeling less than strong, or not warmed up.

I'd have to agree with that reasoning, for me probably a 20 kg hardstyle . I bet someone is thinking 48kg . Just not me. :)

I might say a 40. Might seem heavy but don't forget other movements like 1 arm rows, floor presses, single leg deads, loaded carries.

Might choose a 32 for snatches and get ups though.

I don't know but I wouldn't want to outgrow a lighter one.

It depends on your strength and skill level - different people, different weights.

If I had to choose just 1 bell today, I would probably take 32. Few years ago, 24. And during next few years, I hope 40.

For me it would be a 32kg (less than 1/3 of BW) competition KB. :) My favourite KB lifts are the more dynamic quick lifts with one arm and a 32k is heavy enough to maintain some good strength.

Well, assuming we could do bodyweight exercises, run and/or sprint, I would choose the 32 kg. A bit heavy now but I would grow into it. I would use the 32 for strength and run/sprint for "cardio." Eventually the 32 would start to feel light and would be more strength-endurance, but the 32 would be pretty tough to outgrow.

Funny, I now have only one pair of KBs and they are 32s. I don't really feel the need to get another pair (but we'll see). My logic: however many C&J reps I can get using a pair of 32s I should (at least) get using any smaller KB pair. Plus I can always supplement with a lighter or heavier barbell.

Fun thread! I'd say 28k. Light enough for a lot of squats, swings, presses and get ups, plus just going bottoms up with it will make all of those easy exercises really hard.

Fun thread! I'd say 28k. Light enough for a lot of squats, swings, presses and get ups, plus just going bottoms up with it will make all of those easy exercises really hard.
I hope next year I can come back and say 28 kg or 32kg .

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom