all posts post new thread

Barbell one lift only

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Deadlifter_

Level 1 Valued Member
Hey
Like i said in my first thread my goal is to compete in Deadlift only powerlifting meets and i would like to adopt one way of training forever because i am tired of jumping from one routine to another and i am tired of spending time on squats bench and assistance exercises.
Lets say i want to follow the Daily dose Deadlift plan for all my future lifting career.
Deadlift is my aim so it seems like practicing the movement 5 times a week is a logical conclusion. But will it be wise to follow it in the future when ill Deadlift 300kg for example? Also my trainer told me that doing a lift only will create imbalances, if this is true what should i do? Ohp from time to time?
I am very interested in the minimalist high frequency approach i am excited to read what you guys think

Forever is a long time. Try an "easy strength" approach. Rotate the exercises every cycle so they are "the same but different"

If all you ever did forever was focus on the deadlift with a side of goblet squats, Kb presses, single arm carries and maybe some one arm rows and/or pullups I think you would be pretty damn strong

Edit: and swings, don't forget those

Last edited:
@Deadlifter_ please read Pavel's "Power To The People!"

Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater. One way of training forever doesn't work for many people; there is a proper balance between "same" and "different." Put another way, if you're going to do the same thing forever, then you need a long-term plan that includes competition and non-competition seasons where you do different things.

Did I say to read "Power To The People!?" Read Power To The People!"

-S-

I would superset your deadlifts with TGUs and not worry about imbalances. To get great at anything you have to be willing to be poor at others.

Thanks a lot. Ill maybe try clean and jerk or power snatch what do you prefer? And how many times would you do that and what volume?

I did a cycle of PTTP ( 40 training sessions ) using the power snatch over deadliest just for the heck of it a year ago and it was fun. I started at 50% and went up 2.5 pounds a day. I hit a 15lb pr and added some meat to the upper back area. My deadlift went up as well, probably from pulling from a much lower position.

@Deadlifter_ In addition to the previous comments, I can tell you that training one way forever is nearly impossible. At 41 years old, I have been training or playing sports for 25 years and there is no way I can train today the same way I did as a teen or even 30. You mentioned how you are interested in a minimalist approach and that is great to hear. This approach will serve you well as the years and volume begin to add up. As a supplement to your barbell work, refer to the Kettlebell side of this forum for information on Pavel's "Simple and Sinister" program information and advice from the many qualified SFG instructors therein.

With one only way of training i meant same type of routine but of course with the time ill change it a bit but the root would stay the same. High frequency minimalist style. For example instead of 5 Deadlift sessions a week i would pull 3 times with variants.
Unfortunately i dont have kettlebells in my gym only dumbbells and barbells.
I thought about adding some pull ups to strengthen my upper back along with deadlifts.
I just received pavels book ill read it now.

IMHO, the title of the first article you linked to, @pet', is quite misleading. It is not maxing.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom