all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Only a shin to go...

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

somanaut

Level 5 Valued Member
I must be doing something right with OAOL Plank and assisted OAOL Push Up ladder. Was thinking about my BW program (which is my S&S off day program), specifically about how I should progress with ladders. For some reason I got thinking about elevated OAOL Push Up, so decided to try a few in my break between clients. Before I had trouble with them. Today I could lower my massage table down to it's lowest setting which is just below the knee, and did a singles of OAOL Push Up. So something must be working, and an on the floor OAOL Push Up can't be that far away. Progress is sweet.

I think, that some posts have been deleted during the recent downtime of the forums yesterday.
I am now at 30 cm elevation...did 2x2 yesterday. I have to concede, GTG with elevation is very effective. It does require some thinking, but once you get used to it, and carry a measurement tape or similar around, it's easy to get the practise in during the day.
@pet' mentioned something about eccentric and concentric phases and tempo in a now deleted post. I had not though of it, I go slow and controlled on the way down, else I fall, and push as hard as I can on the way up, that is just how I can do the movement.

Hello,

@somanaut
Yes it seems the post is deleted. No matters ;)

What I was sayings was fairly simple. When you slow down the pace on the way down (eccentric phase), then you hold the bottom position for 1s. Then, you "accelerate" the way up (concentric phase), in 1s, and hold the top position for 1s. Then, we write the pace as follow (5111 (Poliquin's notation))

The way up can be considered a normal pace, however, it remains pretty fast comparing to the 5s down. This is a good way to increase time under tension and therefore building muscle. I also notice this is far easier to control position (lock, stance) and to put core tension that way.

Kind regards,

Pet'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom