all posts post new thread

Opinion on the Jefferson curls

Nope, I've never been diagnosed anyways

The pain or discomfort is usually first thing in the morning... I think a big reason is just mobility

Whenever I dedicate front split practice in it helps me usually
The reason I ask is because you said that you feel like you are always in extension. I'd argue that most people, especially if they're hunched over at a desk, if anything get too much low back flexion practice being seated hours at a time.

The reason I ask is because you said that you feel like you are always in extension. I'd argue that most people, especially if they're hunched over at a desk, if anything get too much low back flexion practice being seated hours at a time.
I don't really have an office desk, I coach/teach junior high... I may sit more days than other, but I'm not glued to a desk every day

I don't think it's a posture core issue... I regularly do get ups and other stuff

I was airborne in the army + 2 deployments, I have a bad right hip and I think it's trickling up into my s.i. joint
My SI issues started with my paper round. Far less impressive :)
Improving my hip strength definitely helped as it stopped when I started kickboxing.
Good luck.

My two cents, and experience, is that posture is less about “weak” muscles and more about uncoordinated muscles
That makes sense.
Kickboxing seemed to cure my sacroiliitis and that definitely required improved coordination.

You know, you’d think that, especially seeing the global orientation of the spine when people are “hunching” at a desk. Really though, the hunching seems to happen when one leans forward to get closer to the screen, keyboard, etc. That shifting of the center of gravity forward can move the entire ribcage forward as well. That results in anterior pelvic tilt, and thus lumbar lordosis. At least that’s my experience.

People with swayback posture will have thoracic kyphosis and posterior pelvic tilt, thus having a “flatter,” more “flexed” lumbar spine. But swayback is much less common that people stuck in anterior pelvic tilt and thoracic kyphosis.

I’ve found that posture seems to be more about managing center of mass/gravity than “weak” or short/tight muscles. They’re often a component but if one is always shifting their weight backwards or forwards, the body will always be trying to stay balanced, and it does that by orienting the pelvis, ribs ankles etc.

You know, you’d think that, especially seeing the global orientation of the spine when people are “hunching” at a desk. Really though, the hunching seems to happen when one leans forward to get closer to the screen, keyboard, etc. That shifting of the center of gravity forward can move the entire ribcage forward as well. That results in anterior pelvic tilt, and thus lumbar lordosis. At least that’s my experience.

People with swayback posture will have thoracic kyphosis and posterior pelvic tilt, thus having a “flatter,” more “flexed” lumbar spine. But swayback is much less common that people stuck in anterior pelvic tilt and thoracic kyphosis.
Yeah, I know.
I’ve found that posture seems to be more about managing center of mass/gravity than “weak” or short/tight muscles. They’re often a component but if one is always shifting their weight backwards or forwards, the body will always be trying to stay balanced, and it does that by orienting the pelvis, ribs ankles etc.
It's a bit of a chicken or egg argument, I think. Manage your center of gravity poorly and you're going to have weak/short/tight muscles. Have weak/short/tight muscles and you're going to manage your center of gravity poorly.

Back
Top Bottom