all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Opinions on routine

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

justin84

Level 2 Valued Member
I am wanting to work on just 4 movements: squats, presses, swings and snatches. I was wondering if the original one grind and one ballistic idea, i.e. presses and swings twice a week and squats and snatches twice a week was a good idea? And if so what are good set and rep schemes. Thanks Justin

Sorry for not posting more personal information before. I have no injuries and have been doing the 2+2 routine but would like to do swings and snatches more in a s&s manner. Squats are my week point I am working on goblet squats with 40k now. I can press two 24k. My only goal is to get stronger in those four movements. Thanks again

@justin84, combining different kinds of training, e.g., strength and ballistics, can be tricky business. You do have some models in the StrongFirst world, e.g., S&S, and the programs in ETK. If you look at the old Program Minimum from ETK, you could model something for yourself on that.

What do you mean when you say "a more s&s manner?" The simplest, and arguably best solution is to do S&S by the book until you achieve Simple, then cut back on S&S and add in strength training.

-S-

Thanks Steve, I have gotten the simple standards and completed the 520 program both with great results. My main concern now is getting my FSQ up to standard.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom