all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Original Strength for increased flexibility

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

conor78

Level 6 Valued Member
I've been using OS on off for a year or so neck nods and rocking mostly. Anyhow I've been trying to increase the depth of my hip hinge and it seems that my hamstrings and Glutes are limiting factors in achieving this. I've been using assisted Cossack Prying Goblet and the flexible steel good morning hamstring stretch. I'm also trying to wait out the stretch based on RIS. Is OS effective in helping improve flexibility in the hamstrings/ glutes so I can get a deeper hip hinge?
Thanks

I have been doing OS as my (almost) only "mobility system" for a few months now. I have the best body control I ever did. Don't "skip" stages. Include the breathing and rolling. It's this body is one piece thing...

The OS you-tube channel has many progressions-regression that can be used to clean up specific areas, but for myself the basic stuff. And goblet squats... these are magic.

And sit on the floor whenever you can. It will improve body-management. A nice trick I picked here from @mprevost.

EDIT: I can't credit my body the management only to OS though. I changed allot of stuff from my old ways into more intelligent Easy Strength ways and I can't really isolate causes. But OS did replaced all "standard" mobility and stability methods for me... Hope it make sense...

Last edited:
Thanks Shahaf that sounds great. I like the OS material but haven't used it consistently like you have. I've used Flexible Steel last 6 weeks and have re read Relax into stretch again. I'll look at working it back in a more consistent way.

Hello,

Sitting on the floor is a very good tip. When you do something on the floor (putting your shoes for instance), try to do it with flat feet on the floor on a deep squat. Then, when, once you got up, try to touch your feet (or even better the ground with flat hands), while maintaing straight legs and hold the position a few seconds. It works very well for me.

Kind regards,

Pet'

There are some specific OS Rocking drills that will open the hips,adducters and hamstrings. CONSISTENCY will yield great rewards with OS. It is a SIMPLE system but something that needs to be done daily.

PM me if you want more info or LINKS.

I contacted Tim and he gave me a few ideas, single leg room rocks being one. He's coming to the UK in August so hopefully get along to one of the workshops. I'll fire over a p.m Mike for those links..
Thanks

@conor78 I did not know he was in the UK doing a workshop? I looked online but I couldn't find anything on his site. I would also be interested in this...

@Lee Hunt I had emailed Tim about any workshops this year and he said that it looks likely that it will coming to the UK in August although unconfirmed at this point. Would be a great workshop to go to...

May 6th Saturday at Tucson Strength (formerly Evolution Fitness) in Tucson AZ. Danny Sawaya is an SFG TL who owns it.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom