all posts post new thread

Old Forum "Original Strength" Pistol Success

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Bill Been

Level 5 Valued Member
I bought "Original Strength" a couple weeks ago, read it, re-read it, then started diligently employing the "Resets" 3-4 times per day.  My training at Nashville Kettlebell continued as before with the current emphasis being pressing, some deadlifting, and an increased focus on pullups as part of NKB's "StrongBody Challenge".  All that to say:  no particular emphasis on squats of any sort. My previous practice on Pistols led to somewhat below-parallel efforts, but no particular confidence or stability and seemingly a looong road ahead.  Feeling pretty good Thursday, I did a bit of O.S. work prior to class and, on a lark, picked up a 14kilo bell and started down in a Pistol on my left leg.  Imagine my surprise as I descended under remarkable control and parked it heinie-to-heel at the bottom with my other foot still airborn!  I made sure this girl I like/am married to was watching and powered straight back up to standing with no drama and I'm not exaggerating when I say:  It Was Easy!   I was flabbergasted by it, to be honest.  I'll be verifying my right leg soon (I was too giddy to take my right leg attempt seriously), but as our British friends might say, I'm well chuffed.

Way to go Geoff and Tim.  Your work could well be a breakthrough.

Bonus class at Nashville Kettlebell today meant it was time to test the Pistol on my right leg.  Original Strength warmup then while we waited to start “The Furnace*”, I popped out one Pistol on my left to ensure Thursday wasn’t a fluke, then immediately cranked out a rep on the right - my first ever.  Same as the other day - heinie to heel and only a shade harder than my left side.  Much thanks again to Tim Anderson and Geoff Neupert for the breakthroughs in this book.

Oh, and a belated "Thank You" to Iron Tamer David Whitley for  taking my Elevated Roll to a whole nuther level.  Evidently, I'm one of those people for whom this roll is very powerful, and Tamer's admonishment to take my leg up and over like a scorpion injected it with steroids.

* "The Furnace" is a horrible invention of David Whitley who apparently cares so little for our comfort that he concocted a workout that will raise the room temperature so much it causes the heater to shut down.

I don't wanna make new topic.

Also i wanna thanks for Becoming Bulletproof. I stopped do my 30 mins mornings joints routine. Now i am just doing 3-4 resets through all day. And i am feel energize and fresh.

Great stuff, boys!

I have been hesitant to post about this because 1) This is the Strong First forum, not the Original Strength forum and 2) I want to make sure my progress is real, not imagined. But here goes:

I have been doing the OS resets 3-5 times a day for a few weeks. They have gradually replaced all of my streching and joint mobility work. My TGU's have become much easier and my progress faster. More importantly, my constant hip and shoulder pain is 90% gone. Most interstingly, the neuropathy in my feet (which I have suffered with for over a decade) is about 50% gone.

When I started my spine sounded like a machine gun when I did the resets. It was like a constant chiro adjustment. Now, very little joint popping and much better mobility.

i still don't completely understand how this stuff works, but it does. At almost 64 years of age I feel like I've discovered the fountain of youth. I tend to be skeptical about miracle cures, but I have to accept the reality of what is happening.

Jim

Yesterday i discovered another great benefit for me. When i work while sitting, i often needed to catch my posture because i slouched most of time. Yesterday i sit completely straight, and it was so easy for me, i tried to slouch, but no way, slouching was hard for me!!!

Benefit worth million dollar!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom