all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Original Strength Restoration

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

AceecA

Level 3 Valued Member
Hi, has anyone read this?

I have OS and Performance, the description on their site makes it seem like this book isn't for those who have the other two.

Geoffs post on deadbugs and the regressions of the resets made me want more infomation, and one reviewer said there is a chapter on regressions in Restoration.

If anyone has read Restoration, I would really appriciate your thoughts

thank you in advance for your help...

I have it and have read it. I'll go through it again and try to get back to this thread this weekend. I think in a lot of ways it is a distillation of his previous work, almost like what S&S is for Pavel's body of work leading up to it. Here are the basics: do them, benefit.

Thanks jca17.

Does it cover the regressions for the resets? Or smaller build ups to the large resets?

I might grab it anyway at this point. OS has changed my life.

I agree with Mike, O/S is amazing and definitely life altering.

Jca17, I am looking forward to hearing your assessment.
Thank you for taking the time to share.

Ok I grabbed the Kindle version.

It is similar but not the same as the first OS book. IT DOES cover more of the regressions on Head control,crawling,dead bugs,bird dogs. IT has VERY NICE pictures this time with clear shots of different tips. Lots of good tips on ROCKING too.

This will be great info for my students. I am sure its just the tip of the iceberg though as I am going to the OS Level 1+2 Training this Ocotober.

I would say it complements the first book nicely but really Tim and Geoff should combine OS and OS Restoration into one Volume. Then have OS Performance and maybe expand on that one.

I would love to see Geoff write a new OS+KB book. :D

So overall I recommend it based on the better pictures/explanations and the regressions.

Well, it seems you got the information you were looking for and made a decision, but since I said I'll get back to this thread, here's my experience with the book.

First of all, I think Original Strength (the original book) is necessary reading first. In Restoration, it says "the following information on the five resets is not meant to be exhaustive, but supplemental to the information presented in Original Strength.
Restoration is much more "Do this" oriented. It's good to have the reasoning and background information from OS, but Restoration cuts straight through to what to actually do. I found I was applying OS more once I read Restoration because I had more focus on what to do. There's some information on the tongue that I never would have considered that I've found very useful, and I can't remember if that's in OS.

It's not ESSENTIAL if you have OS, but its worth it, and I like supporting a top notch guy like Tim.

Jca17, thanks for the response.

I haven't had a chance to order this yet, your post is reassuring.

Also, I agree with your sentiment on Tim.

Yes @jac17 that is how I felt. It would be best if they could combine OSR and OS into one OS:The Basics book. OSP can stay the way it is but maybe expanded on.

Overall I love the OS system.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom