all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Original Strength - Where to start?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)

TedM

Level 2 Valued Member
Thank you for all the tips.

I had no idea of this. Simply opening my jaw in this way made a noticeable difference.

When I did the snags something in that area moved with a big click in a place where I can’t remember ever feeling movement before. Hard to be sure that it was Atlantic-occipital joint, but my jaw was immediately looser. Trickle down effect is that for the last couple of hours other things in the area have been releasing a I move. I will do some more research on getting movement into that particular joint.
Wow!!! How amazing is that!!!
This forum is a place where miracles happen!

Chris Hall

Level 4 Valued Member
You say "after OS": would you be more specific please?
Pre OS my knees had been ‘pretty good’ as long as I was careful with them - usually pain free, occasional flare ups. But if I attempted to make a habit out of running things would go downhill. After I had had been doing OS for a while (a couple of months? A year? I can’t remember) I realised that my knees were no longer just ‘pretty good‘ but we’re feeling perfect.

I tried running and had zero issues. That Is about all there is to the story.

Aaron Jones

Level 4 Valued Member
Thank you for all the tips.

I had no idea of this. Simply opening my jaw in this way made a noticeable difference.

When I did the snags something in that area moved with a big click in a place where I can’t remember ever feeling movement before. Hard to be sure that it was Atlantic-occipital joint, but my jaw was immediately looser. Trickle down effect is that for the last couple of hours other things in the area have been releasing a I move. I will do some more research on getting movement into that particular joint.
Glad something helped!

Training for Life

Level 5 Valued Member
Pre OS my knees had been ‘pretty good’ as long as I was careful with them - usually pain free, occasional flare ups. But if I attempted to make a habit out of running things would go downhill. After I had had been doing OS for a while (a couple of months? A year? I can’t remember) I realised that my knees were no longer just ‘pretty good‘ but we’re feeling perfect.

I tried running and had zero issues. That Is about all there is to the story.
Did you follow a specific OS reset program, like one found in one of the books, or just go by feel?

Chris Hall

Level 4 Valued Member
I guess I'll wait till I read the book and then, if I don't understand what "doing OS" means - I'll revisit this.
Did you follow a specific OS reset program, like one found in one of the books, or just go by feel?

Sorry. Misunderstood your question. I did the five ‘resets’ as we call them in OS. Basically diaphragmatic breathing, rocking back and forth on hands and knees, slow head nods in hands and knees position, rolling on the floor, and crawling. Reading the book gives the details of each, as well as multiple variations on each of the five. I probably averaged about 10 minutes a day, just made sure I did a solid couple of minutes of each in no particular order. I tried to mix up which variations of each reset I did too.

Aj Bhardwaj

Level 1 Valued Member
Been doing the basic reset every morning. It makes me feel a million dollars. Purchase the book but Tim also has a lot of videos on his youtube to start trying them. I do these every morning.

1. Belly Breathing - 1 min.
2. Head nods on knees and hands - 30s
3. Head rotations on Knees and hands - 30s
4. Rocking (toes plantar flexed then dorsi flexed) - 30s each
5. OS push up - 10
6. Head nods lying on elbow - 30s
7. Head rotations on elbows - 30s
8. Egg rolls - 30s
9. Segmental egg rolls - 30s
10. Crawling - 2 - 5min.

Seems a lot but trust me when you get going and know the movement it literally takes less 10 min. Hands on down best investment, this and S&S.

Top Bottom