all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Original strength

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
thats a good idea. i would like to practice naked warrior stuff. not exactly my goal but it would be cool to get a oapu and pistol.

I would be happy to help you achieve your OAPU and PISTOL. I know many who swear by crawling, but personally it causes me problems with my lumbar. So I do some stretching and stick to the SFB principles and progression to maintain or strengthen my OAPU and pistol.

Have you attended one of our SFB courses or certifications?

As far as I can tell, there is great overlap between the many "movement systems" out there these days, and that they probably offer roughly similar benefits.

I like Original Strength because I've met and like Tim Anderson and Geoff Neupert, have attended workshops with them, like their exploratory and playful approach to the material, and how open they are in sharing it, both through products they sell and a great deal of free content. When Tim comes up with a new variation or idea, his first move seems to be to put up a free YouTube video of it, as if he can't wait to share it with people -- I enjoy and appreciate this inclusive and generous do-it-yourself spirit.

In fact, I hope Tim and Geoff don't go too far toward structuring, codifying, and systematizing their material, as they seem to be with their "screen and assessment." From talking to Geoff at an OS workshop a couple of years ago, I know he has been disappointed with other "systems" that he has been involved with, and spent lots of money on, where part of the Kool Aid was, "If it doesn't seem to be working then you aren't doing it right." I don't look at these movement systems as "corrective" as much as playful and exploratory, so the more they are presented as "fixing" things, or as representing esoteric content that requires expert instuction and has to be executed just so, the less appealing they are (to me).

That being said, I steal moves wherever I find ones that I enjoy and feel good. My personal mobility toolbox has moves from OS, Ido Portal, Scott Sonnon, GMB, Pavel, Steve Cotter, and a lot more.

I haven't taken anything from Ground Force Method because I haven't comes across any opportunities to see or learn it, other than attending a certification or hiring a certified instructor as listed on their website.

Can anyone point to any available resources?

Not sure where you are located but I am in the works of bringing GFM to Dallas.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom