all posts post new thread

Bodyweight OS/Crawling for hypertrophy?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

gatorbait

Level 5 Valued Member
has anyone used OSP Resets for hypertrophy when use of weights were not possible? If so, what did that program look like for you and what did you find to be the minimum effective dose?

Prove me wrong, but I don't think that anyone who has used some kind of weight training before (barbell, bodyweight, KBs) will experience noticeable hypertrophy from crawling.

You certainly will not blow up like you were on a Mass Made Simple squat program but yes you can gain muscle.

Get lean. Get strong. Get crawling.

The main reason I crawl is it keeps my core system super strong and firing correctly. That allows me to do whatever I want and feel great. Improved my KB MP even!

Now Spiderman crawling with a 95# chain for a good 100 yards 3x a week I sure got stronger. Not sure about muscle gain but my squats were better afterward.

crawl for time/distance while dragging a kb or towing a sled or chains, that counts as time under tension

crawling has minimal eccentric loading which means it doesn't require more recovery and frequency can be high... consider the leg development seen in downhill skiiers and bobsledders

You wont gain pounds of muscle but you can get more vascular with some added muscle...

Try this--find a hill and crawl to the top of it backwards;do the same with a long flight of steps.These two routines enabled me to get a few one arm pushups a side without practicing them.The crawls are also very easy on the joints and muscles.

Very true. At home since I don't have a hill the backwards crawling while towing a 60# or 90# chain simulates the hill pretty good.

Very true. At home since I don't have a hill the backwards crawling while towing a 60# or 90# chain simulates the hill pretty good.
So there's really a big difference between "chain-crawling" and crawling just with bodyweight? I've only used regular crawling so far. You must be getting weird looks doing the chain crawls :D

I have a pretty large yard in a secluded part of town. I have gotten a few looks. Most look and see me with that chain and keep walking.

Yeah crawling under load is huge. Hits your core like nothing else. Similar to hill crawling if you have a steep hill.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom