all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Over 50 Programming suggestions

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Awesome Greg Thank you!
Been really curious how to add in Rucking to my weekly workouts: it looks like you've already figured it out.
So a few things about rucking. I think a hip belt is imperative. I have a few GoRuck packs and by far my favorite is the Rucker 4.0 25L with a hip belt. Your shoulders will thank you.

On days I do Iron Cardio, I finish out the hour with a light ruck 20 lbs. So if the it workout is 30 mins, I ruck for 30. Got this idea from Dan John. On the other days I use either a 30 or 45 lb plate kinda randomly. I try to get in a min of 3 hours a week. It’s been amazing to see what this has done for my cardio base.

Would you care to comment on the various types of magnesium and methods of application? E.g., I know there are supplements for citrate, glycinate, and I think there are others, and there is also the matter of taking supplements/foods or applying topically. I'll also ask about another, older book by Carolyn Dean on this subject and if you're familiar with it. I see on amazon.com that I bought the older book but I have no memory of what I read in it, truth be told.

Thanks.

-S-
I have Carolyn Dean's book and its excellent although biased toward her own ReMag, pico ionic Magnesium Chloride supplement (which I've used. Its very expensive, but clearly works very well). Topically is called transdermal and you do have to be careful with purity. Basically, Magnesium is chelated with various substances to achieve different effects. Magnesium Chloride along with Sulfate usually appear in clinical trials and both have specific applications in standard medicine. Chloride, Glycinate, Citrate, Malate and Theronate are all ones that I've used. If you combine Dean's and Levy's Magnesium books they'll cover pretty much all the bases, although Dean disputes that Threonate is unique in crossing the blood brain barrier.

Back
Top Bottom