all posts post new thread

Barbell OWF Eleiko Email International Lifters Weightlifting Tournament

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Chrisdavisjr

Level 7 Valued Member
I heard about this through British Weightlifting via their newsletter and thought I'd share:

http://www.oceaniaweightlifting.com...g Tournament.pdf?ver=mxLm4mtu8tPGAa7vyNf6-g==

Essentially, in an effort to make up for a number of cancelled competitions, the Oceania Weightlifting Federation are putting on a weightlifting competition that you can enter via email. Competitors will weigh-in on their bathroom scales and then submit their best snatch and clean & jerk from their home/garage gym etc.

I'm not sure how exactly they'll be verifying any of the lifts entered, presumably it's on the honour system. I'm sure that any hitherto unknown lifter who shows up out of nowhere with winning standard lifts is sure to be investigated. There's a prize of an Eleiko weightlifting training bar with collars available to the winner in each weight category as well so if you feel you're in with a chance of putting up some decent numbers it'd be worth a punt.

For lifters like me who have virtually zero chance of winning, it presents an opportunity to have something to work towards. I'm going to enter just for the fun of it and just to see if I can match or improve on previous competition performances from the comfort of my living room.

What about the singlet?

Half the motivation to make weight is to look sharp in that singlet on the platform.... ;)

Singlets aren't explicitly mentioned in the rules of this particular competition but I can't imagine any lifter worth their chalk dust foregoing any opportunity to wear a singlet.

I'd be wearing mine right now if I wasn't about to join a video conference call.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom