all posts post new thread

Kettlebell "Owning" a Kettlebell

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Ok, so this morning I did 10 x 10 with a 20 kg bell for swings in 5 minutes and 10 x 1 with a 16 kg for tgu's in 10 min.
There was a few tgu reps that was a bit sketchy but full get ups. I obviously need to improve upon this before moving on to a heavier bell. My question is do I continue doing this for time or just practice for a few days and then try again for time?
I'm not expert and you can wait until someone more experienced answers but I would "practice" all next week and test the time standard NEXT weekend....

Ok, so this morning I did 10 x 10 with a 20 kg bell for swings in 5 minutes and 10 x 1 with a 16 kg for tgu's in 10 min.
There was a few tgu reps that was a bit sketchy but full get ups. I obviously need to improve upon this before moving on to a heavier bell. My question is do I continue doing this for time or just practice for a few days and then try again for time?

Bottom line... It is your choice. There are no S&S police. :)

Do you have a 24kg? I'd say start mixing it in for a few sets. But only if you feel safe and/or have a spotter for your TGUs.

My question is do I continue doing this for time or just practice for a few days and then try again for time?

Give it some time. Some test once a week - some test every 2-3-4 weeks. But the general advice I've received is certainly don't go for time every day or even every few days. Practice most days - test occasionally.

"You never own the bell, you are just borrowing it as it will be around a lot longer than you will." - Pavel

Translation: Respect the kettlebell at all times, know your surroundings, learn and refine your technique everyday as part of your personal practice.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom