all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Oxygen advantage vs Wim Hoff

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Hello,

@jef & @Oscar
Thanks ! :)
Yes this was also my guess. I think I'll now focus on OA for a while, at least for 4 to 8 weeks. Indeed, from what I read, this seems to be the standard duration to notice some of the effects.

I'll keep the cold exposure (showers, etc...). Plus it can also be interesting to do these without any breathing preparation.

Fortunately, jumping rope is not really an issue beacause I practice it almost every day, during both my daily routine, and then 3 additional times during the boxing sessions. To a certain extent, I think the "pattern" is now well in my brain. I wanted to take advantage of it by counting the rounds to practice the intermittent breathing

Kind regards,

Pet'

Hello,

@Steve Freides
I read the entire book. I really liked it a lot. Simulating the high altitude sounds quite interesting actually. I am sure it could help a me a lot for my cardio / conditioning activities, such as boxing and diving.

In the book, different protocols are mentioned, using cycling, etc...
Do you think I could incorporate the same kind of routine using jumping rope during my routine ?
Do you think it can be "detrimental" to perform both WH and Oxygen Advantage ?

Kind regards,

Pet'

I normally do WHM breathing first thing in the morning, before a cold shower. It is a great way of truly waking up!

My breathing for the rest of the day, including when i do physical training, is very much influenced by the oxygen advantage. That basically means light nose breathing as far as possible at all times, and occasional breath holding and nose pinching when running. It has certainly boosted my endurance.

Yes, and I also tape my mouth before going to sleep, a trick learned from TOA.

Hello,

After a while practicing the OxAd on a daily basis using jumping rope, I really have a very good feeling.

I admit it makes the jumping rope training a little bit more challenging than the usual, but it remains very doable on a daily basis because I do not go in some kind of "red zone". I still keep progressing. Indeed, I can add a few rounds every few days without too much trouble.

I also do the entire training session using nasal breathing only. It obliges me to pace down the routine so I am sure I can recover very well.

@Steve Freides
Is it possible to do suitecase / farmer carries using intermittent breathing, to get some variety ? I ask because in the book, there are routine with cycling, running, etc...

Kind regards,

Pet'

Is it possible to do suitecase / farmer carries using intermittent breathing, to get some variety ? I ask because in the book, there are routine with cycling, running, etc...
@pet', I am not part of the OA advantage program, so I can't comment on references to that. I do perform some vigorous exercise while holding my breath, but it's the sort of thing I teach to my students only after they've reached an advanced level.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom