all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Pacing when in between weights

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

vpiguy88

Level 2 Valued Member
I'm a little over a month into practicing S&S and the 16kg has quickly stopped being any kind of challenge. This past week, I added a 24kg, starting with 2 sets on each exercise, and it's definitely a bit more taxing. I'm unsure of whether I should wait the full 4 weeks before progressing to 4 sets, then 6, etc. Additionally, in order to make the 16kg be some kind of workout, I'm taking my TGUs extremely slowly there to increase time under tension.

Am I making a mistake moving so slowly with the 16kg, and being extra explosive in swings, or is this generally how things go and I'll need to wait a good several weeks before moving to 6/4?

Lots of rambling above, but I hope the general idea is clear. Thanks everyone for the help!

Am I making a mistake moving so slowly with the 16kg, and being extra explosive in swings, or is this generally how things go and I'll need to wait a good several weeks before moving to 6/4?
I would say that you can't make a mistake going slowly but if you feel you can go faster than you can try.
IMO moving to new weights too fast can be more problematic than moving too fast in between weights.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom