all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Pain/soreness in my psoas

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Anders

Level 6 Valued Member
At the front of my hips I feel pain and tightness. It has been almost three days since I trained so it is not directly due to the last training session.

If I try sitting and then lifting the sore foot I get cramps. It is not an intense pain, more like tightness and irritation. This tightness has also spread to the back and to the glute. I also sometimes feel the itchy feeling of tightness and vague pain in my stomach around the right hip. (the hip that is sore)

Any recommendations to what I could do to get rid of this pain ? Any strength or stretch exercises I coul do ?

I think you need relaxing, not stretching. I have some good drills I use for me and my students, but it's not easy to explain it this way... I will try to find some good articles about it ;)

Here's a good explanation:
Simple, easy movement done with our sensing by engaging those muscles and then letting them go with a deeper appreciation of our senses, allows the natural restoration and movement update to occur.

Anyway, you should go to an expert, but no harm in trying these drills.

Ah thanks. I will try these techniques out. I wondered what could be the reason why I have gotten this psoas pain ? Am I weak somewhere ? Like with shoulder pain, it is often due to too much training of the front shoulder and too little training of the back of the shoulder. I wonder if something like this could be the problem here too ?

Anyone who has experienced psoas pain and used some corrective exercises to get rid of it ?

Impossible to guess over the internet
too many factors - health history, medical history, injury history, training history and current (what did you do three days ago etc...)

Find a medical pro in your area that can help you out and let us know what they find

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom