all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Pants and TGU

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

The Nail

Level 7 Valued Member
An odd question - but does anybody know of any durable pants flexible enough to do turkish getups in? Not athletic pants, but pants that could look decent for being out and about and pull double duty to train in.

Thanks

5.11 makes some great tactical pants that Ive found to be great to use with kettlebells.

Reactions: Bo
I'm a big fan of Lulu Lemon's ABC pants. They Fit me perfect and meet all the criteria that your looking for.

I'd like to introduce you to the prAna Zion Stretch. I have two pairs. On charcoal, one khaki. They're both four to five years old. I've climbed in them, hiked in them, trained in them (a lot), and wear them out an about all the time. They take a licking. Mine don't look brand new, but they certainly don't look like they've scrubbed against granite and manzanita for hours on end.

Vertx tactical pants. Super mobility with articulated knees and gusseted crotch. The best cargo pocket design out there. The pockets are inset so they don't bag out as conspicuously as normal cargo pockets, and the flap closure with no buttons or velcro is secure but easy to get in and out of.

They come in a heavier weight cotton canvas with a little lycra, and a lighter weight poly/cotton ripstop. I like both. The cotton is a little softer and more comfortable. The blend is lighter (but not necessarily more breathable), dries faster, is more stain-resistant and stays new looking longer, but is stiffer and less soft, especially when new.

Order by MEASURED waist size, not your usual pants size. Get an actual measuring tape and hold it the way you want the waist of the pants to fit, then order that size.

I've tried 5.11, but don't like the design as much and the cut doesn't work for me. If the waist fits, the butt and thighs are too tight and binding. If the rest of the pants fit comfortably, the waist is huge.

I have had good success with 5.11 products. So, I am sure their pants as well as the StrongFirst items would serve you well.

Another option that provides maximum range of motion that some may view as out and about attire would be something from Utilikilts (Home page). :D

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom