all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed PARTIAL RANGE OF MOTION EXERCISE FOR MUSCLE HYPERTROPHY

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
If i wanted to use partial range doing chin ups hoping to increase arm size not the lat) would i be better off doing the top portion or the bottom? I assume top.

If i wanted to use partial range doing chin ups hoping to increase arm size not the lat) would i be better off doing the top portion or the bottom? I assume top.
Go to post #14 in this thread, follow the link, read all four articles. Short answer: I believe you'd want to use the middle, not the top or the bottom.

-S-

While recovering from shoulder and elbow injuries, I’ve been limited to partials for presses and pulls for months at a time. It was a pleasant surprise to find that not only was muscle retained but hypertrophy gains were significant.

While recovering from shoulder and elbow injuries, I’ve been limited to partials for presses and pulls for months at a time. It was a pleasant surprise to find that not only was muscle retained but hypertrophy gains were significant.

Hope your shoulder and elbow are okay!

I don't know if it really counts as a partial or just a different exercise entirely, but I get more hypertrophy in glutes and hams out of RDLs than I do DLs, even when using identical volume.

There's a youtube calisthenics guy with SICK strength from weighted calisthenics. He's got a philosophy that his body knows how to do the beginning and end of a lift, so he only works the mid point (or sticking point, I forget -- not sure if the workding makes a difference). He works up to some crazy weights in a very small range of motion and the results speak for themselves: he's one of the strongest calisthenics people I've ever seen.

I wish I could remember his name or had bookmarked his videos.

Hope your shoulder and elbow are okay!
Alas no. I pretty much damaged myself for life pursuing Schwarzenegger-style workouts with high volume, multiple sets to failure and high frequency. Along the way accruing shoulder and elbow injuries of increasing severity and becoming somewhat of an expert on how to keep working out while impaired

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom