all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Past Simple + physical job

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Andrew Duncan

Level 4 Valued Member
Pre-simple, the recommendation is to do S&S 2-3 times per week if you have a physically demanding job. I’m wondering how this affects the frequency after Timeless and the progression rate.

Hello,

@Andrew Duncan
S&S, no matter the weight up to Simple is supposed to help you, not to drain you. For most people, assuming there is no special goal, timeless Simple is a fairly decent standard.

Considering a physical job alongside the practice maybe tricky. Maybe the good indicators could be:
- less performance for Simple
- less performance during the day
- combination of the two previous

In general, it seems that for an optimal progression to timeless Simple is 5-6 times a week. Nonetheless, my guess is that mainly goes for people with a "non that physical job". Reducing the frequency is the strategy when actually chasing Solid or whatever is the goal.

If one has a physical job, I think 3 to 4 times to get Simple could get the job done. Less than 3 could be difficult and very long to get there

Kind regards,

Pet'

I’m talking about what happens after Timeless Simple, when the book instructs to reduce the frequency. I’m wondering what this looks like, and how the progression tactic is altered (if at all), if training frequency was already cut in half. This isn’t discussed in the book.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom