all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Pat Flynn TGU material

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Hi folks,

I thought some of you might find this interesting. Pat Flynn is about to start a TGU challenge (10 minutes a day) and has produced some free material for it.

17 minutes video with Aleks Salkin:
5 Fun, Effective Turkish Get Up Variations for Strength, Endurance, and Mobility - Chronicles of Strength
Variations: Slow TGUs, with a shoe, with presses etc.

Two podcast episodes (ep. 175 and 176):
The Pat Flynn Show
I saw this video earlier in the week. I follow Pat and for the most part I really like his materials and videos. He hasn't been big on TGUs before its a welcome addition to his programming.

I think his programming is great and I LOVE the minimalism but for the most part feels more suited to folks who aren't completely new to hardstyle training. A lot of his training is almost daily seems to center around linear smoker sessions and incidentally getting stronger as you increase in weight; the inverse of S1. Nothing wrong with that at all, but for me, I've found that the S1 way with more rest and waiving volume/intensity/density has been more sustainable and enjoyable.

Cheers!

Pat and Alex Salkin is teaming up good.

Putting out a lot of great content!

A lot of his training is almost daily seems to center around linear smoker sessions and incidentally getting stronger as you increase in weight; the inverse of S1. Nothing wrong with that at all, but for me, I've found that the S1 way with more rest and waiving volume/intensity/density has been more sustainable and enjoyable.

Agreed. I enjoyed his 300 Swings Challenge (currently on Day 28, so finishing on Thursday) and also followed his daily workouts for a trial period. I love to train everyday, but his programming is definitely on the more intense side regarding volume and frequency and guaranteed to always leaves you as a sweaty mess... As a challenge for a period of time very nice, in terms of training I do prefer S1 as well.

But I will definitely purchase the TGU-Challenge, since it´s additional work and only ten minutes a day and it promises some interesting variety.

I just got the first week of get up variations, I'm pretty excited to try this out :)
Me too. Not really unknown variations, but how often do you really play with them voluntary? Excited to receive some inspiration in this kind of structured plan. But would prefer it if there are less "Free days". Starting on monday since I´m diving this weekend.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom