Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 4-5

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • 6+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Week 3
Bodyweight & fat 73 @ 14% fat

this is the last week of this year's last training cycle.
it went pretty well, except on wednesday, I had to ride 2 additional hours on my footbike at high speed to get chores done. That was unexpected and created a lot of fatigue.

This resulted in a slight decrease of performance in Wednesday's session. I took a break on Thursday and rescheduled it for today. it went well, was able to make additional progress on the Military (28 sets) press and Shrug (20 RepMax @ 20kg per hand)

I've also dropped the KB timed holds (overhead > racked > suitcase hold) because it strained my shoulder joints too much, given the high workload already placed on them

upload_2018-12-21_15-35-0.png

all in all, It's been another good week and I'm happy with my progress in this cycle. Once again, I didn't progress as much as I'd have liked too on my pull-ups, but I've progressed nonetheless.

simply looking at the log, I went from
7 sets of 2 to 11 sets of 2 for pull-ups (could probably have gone for 13 had I not footbiked for 2 additional hours on Wednesday);
10 sets of 2 to 28 sets of 2 for Kettlebell Military press;
1 circuit of hammer levering at a given difficulty to 2 circuits with a lever arm that's 15cm longer than in the beginning;
12 badly executed shrugs to 20 well executed shrugs

why am I progressing so much better on the press than on the pull-up? it could be one or more of the following factors:
a) more years spent training the pull-up, harder to stimulate
b) it's more important than I thought to start training at 10 sets for the Fremen Density Training protocol. should have picked 15-20kg instead of 24kg for pull-ups
c) Assistance exercises (Body Building Shrugs) for the press have more carry-over to it than do the ones for the Pull-Up (dead hangs for time).

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom