all posts post new thread

Old Forum Pavel: bodyweight program design advice to get started now

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Chiggers

Level 2 Valued Member
Pavel (and all),

Congratulations on the successful launch of SF.

I am very interested in the bodyweight course and cert but want to get started right away.

I am currently coming out of a rehabilitation stage and am looking to focus on strength from bodyweight exercises.  This is the best fit for me as a I practice internal martial arts, yoga and pull cables (favoured by the old strongmen and now me).

On the courses page it says: "The principles of an effective bodyweight strength program design, refined and condensed from the Russian methodology."

Would you be kind enough to get me started with a simple outline of how to program:

One arm push up

Pistol

Pull up

into a 3x a week stripped down to basics program.

It will be a while until the courses and certs are really rolled out and yet training must go on. I'd like to start on the right track.

(For those that may be kind enough to contribute to this I am not looking for GTG as that will not fit into my schedule. I'm after help with a simple minimalist strength focussed 3x a week practice).

Many thanks,

Richard

Thank you for your kind words, Richard!

GTG 3-5 times a week all 3 exercises for an hour. Do about 80% of possible reps rather than 50%.

Thank you Pavel.  Is the increase to 80% due to the restricted amount of training time? Should I still keep the reps low and increase difficulty when I am up to 5 reps or are higher rep  numbers acceptable with it being bodyweight?

"Thank you Pavel.  Is the increase to 80% due to the restricted amount of training time? Should I still keep the reps low and increase difficulty when I am up to 5 reps or are higher rep  numbers acceptable with it being bodyweight?"

Richard, yes on everything. Pullups can take higher reps.

Massimiano, there is only one strength/technique test: the one-arm/one-leg pushup for men; the one-arm pushup for women.

Richard -

The OAPU can be achieved with 3x per week with low reps and sets.

I added this to my training in June  with 5/5 for 3 sets....3x per week. Started at the very basic on the wall and slowly lowered to different levels of boxes and then to the  floor. And was able to test at the Naked Warrior Certification last month.

Best of luck,

Karen :)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom