all posts post new thread

Nutrition Pavel was right again

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Hello,

"Weak bird that does not even fly", as Joe Rogan said in his podcast with Pavel !

In general, I tend to think that we have to stay sort of "open-minded". We may eat what fits us, both in terms of health and goals / performance. I admit this can be something tough sometimes.

Some folks will not do well on IF or warrior diet, some other will benefit from it. Some folks will have trouble to digest certain types of meat, etc...

Kind regards,

Pet'

Much as I'm in favour of people reducing/eliminating their consumption of poultry, I'd be wary of any reports released by Dr. Joseph Mercola: He has a reputation as a purveyor of psuedoscientific and highly questionable, if not entirely inaccurate, information and has gotten in a lot of legal trouble for making false claims in order to market his products.

But yeah, eat less chicken.

The article and podcast focus on what the cafo chickens and pigs are fed, usually gmo soy and corn, which jacks up the omega 6 PUFA profile, which is passed on to those who consume the meat
Beef is less affected by this type of feed do to the structure of a ruminants digestive system.

My opinion, The Big Fat Surprise is a book worth reading, same goes for the Mercola web site and Paul Saladino's CarnivoreMD site.

" Strange times are these in which we live when old and young
are taught falsehoods in school. And the person that dares to tell the truth
is called at once a lunatic and fool."

---------- Plato 427 BC

Last edited:
@Chrisdavisjr agreed, he's questionable. To be honest, read those individuals, then read Dr. Greger's stuff, and you get literally polarizing opinions (backed of course my scientific research on both sides) claiming their way is best and the other's is garbage. Nutrition is a microcosm of society; apparently we all can't just be comfortable agreeing on 85% of the same thing.

@Chrisdavisjr agreed, he's questionable. To be honest, read those individuals, then read Dr. Greger's stuff, and you get literally polarizing opinions (backed of course my scientific research on both sides) claiming their way is best and the other's is garbage. Nutrition is a microcosm of society; apparently we all can't just be comfortable agreeing on 85% of the same thing.
@wespom9 , True story. Be skeptical, but learn to listen. Trust, but verify.

I feel I may have been somewhat overly-diplomatic when I said ‘questionable’.

@Don Fairbanks That quote was most likely from George Francis Train in 1871. No references to it exist earlier than that and there’s no evidence linking it to Plato.

But if we let things like ‘evidence’ get in the way, people like Mercola would have a hard time peddling worthless homeopathic remedies to sick, desperate people.

Still, eat less chicken.

Agree with the comments re: importance of scientific literature and a good dose of critical thinking.

Are all chickens created/ farmed equally? If not, what are the differences? We sure as heck know that humans farmed in different environments/ given different feed taste are different.

Happy chicken on a good diet as nature intended is ‘probably’ but not definitely ‘good’ for you.

As with all diets, N=1, + “test and adjust”

In modern days we probably eat the least diverse diet, not aligned with locally available produce etc. To expand on the discussion I can’t but help think that this issue is more damaging to longevity/ health.

feel I may have been somewhat overly-diplomatic when I said ‘questionable’.

Take with a pinch of salt, preferably pink and Himalayan with added minerals and crystals borne from nutrient dense magma from Icelandic volcanoes. ($299.00 discount code: kerching).

Oh it's all there: anti-vaccine, 5G, Bill Gates global take over, fact checked and everything.

With so much BS floating around, interwoven with conspiracy bunkum, is it any wonder people have a hard time discriminating between a banana and a doughnut?

Still, he has a point, right?

A public health liability

Ah, magic thumb hit post....

A public health liability or an alternative to public health....where is that line?

Admittedly I read this "hoping" for justification to eat more steak/beef. If I could I'd eat a prime rib dinner every day! It's quite "fattening" in my case and as a result I end up choosing poultry through the week and beef on weekends. Sticking with this "protocol" has worked for me dropping some "over age 50 lard" that I'm in a constant fight with!

I am no scientist but I think any diet that completely excludes one thing or another is tough to maintain.

Please tell me you missed a decimal point in that cost.......

Take with a pinch of salt, preferably pink and Himalayan with added minerals and crystals borne from nutrient dense magma from Icelandic volcanoes. ($299.00 discount code: kerching).

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom