all posts post new thread

Barbell Pavel was right; Zercher Squat is the best squat.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Need more detail on the water bag- I googled and saw lots of images of up to 10 litre containers....sounds like a 'slosh pipe', but in bag form?

I have an Ironmind Tough as Nails Sandbag and I ordered 2 sandbag filler bags that holds either water or sand. The two bags I ordered are 60lbs when filled with water. I put them into my Ironmind bag and it was a wild ride.

Yes, sounds like the same 'chaos' principle as the slosh pipe. I read about this in Dan Johns excellent book ' Never Let Go'. the slosh pipe is a Pvc pipe, half filled with water. From memory, 4 inch diameter and 7ft long. Dan wrote of the huge challenge while Zercher carrying it. I hope to have the local plumber provide the parts for me later this week.....

I think an old duffel bag with two of these filler ages would be much more versatile for you in the long term. I had a heck of a time dealing with it at first but can already tell I have gotten stronger with it. I'd love to be able to get up to around bodyweight with this WaterBag. I think it would really help with my Jiu-Jitsu strength.

Good point Jeff- I can easily source a duffel bag over here in New Zealand, I'm interested in sourcing the WaterBags or a viable alternative. Looking at the IronMind site, the liners are super cheap- the cost of shipping them over would be about 10 times what they cost! There must be a comparable product over here...

Good point Jeff- I can easily source a duffel bag over here in New Zealand, I'm interested in sourcing the WaterBags or a viable alternative. Looking at the IronMind site, the liners are super cheap- the cost of shipping them over would be about 10 times what they cost! There must be a comparable product over here...

Go to a jungle in Brazil and search for some iron core athletics filler bags.

all the filler bags at Ironmind are plain old corn sacks. nothing special and will leak sand every where.

And you put water in the filler bags.....must get messy. At least the session gets easier as the water leaks out, so that is a bonus!

Lol! I'm clearly missing a key bit of info- you mentioned that you were using waterbags in the ironmind bag.... i assumed you meant the filler bags. There must be another mysterious waterproof bag you use- ?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom