Pavels' Advice for Dumbells

Discussion in 'Other' started by Kozushi, Apr 13, 2016.

1. Geoff Chafe

Geoff Chafe Strong, Powerful Member of the Forum

@Pavel Macek I love the Straight Arm DB Snatch. Really fun exercise. I sometimes use it on a variety day. When I practice it always I wonder why I don't use it more.

I also love the One Arm DB Clean and Jerk, Circus DB style.

Pavel Macek likes this.
  2. Kozushi

Kozushi Strong, Powerful Member of the Forum

The DB straight arm snatch combines the kettlebell swing movement with something of the at least last part of the Turkish get up. I could see doing it instead of the kettlebell swings if I don't have access to kettlebells. The clean and press (or jerk) would be a nice compliment to it, getting a press into the game. I suppose these would be particularly good for if the dumbell isn't heavy enough to be worth doing the Turkish getups with it. If the dumbell IS heavy enough, I imagine I'd replace the clean and press with the Turkish get up then.

And of course, being someone who has only lifted weights seriously for the past 5 months, my thoughts are only to see what more experienced people might write as responses.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  3. James Bonner

James Bonner First Timer

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2017
  4. Pavel Macek

Pavel Macek Strong, Powerful Member of the Forum Senior Instructor

@James Bonner and everybody else interested in dumbbell lifting - please check out my SIMPLEXSTRONG page - lots of info about dumbbells, including a free and detailed dumbbell swing tutorial.

Kozushi and Steve Freides like this.