all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Pavel's BJJFanatics Kettlebell DVD is on sale (10/11/21)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

sizzlefuzz

Level 6 Valued Member
Hi all,

I bought this a few months ago and read through the attached PDF. I am in favor of this plan as a BJJ practitioner and I plan to do it once I finish Kettlebell STRONG phase 2. The daily deals are quite solid. I also checked on Instagram on a couple podcast pages to see if there were any BJJ Fanatics additional discount codes that might be available, however I didn't see any (admittedly I only did about 5 mins of searching). Perhaps @Mikeperry might have an affiliate code to chip in?

My amazing wife saw an ad for this on FB and got it for me! It looks pretty awesome!

The DVD looks good, but if it is really created By Pavel, why isn't it sold on the StrongFirst Website.

Also, can anyone comment on the value of this DVD versus the StrongFirst app?

The video on the bjj site is great... well worth the money

You get great instruction/demo
You get breathing techniques
2 programs (clean&jerk plan and an A+A s&s version)

No clue why it's not sold on the strongfirst site... as to the app, the app has a lot more programs obviously, but I think the amount of depth in the videos is worth it... especially when it goes on sale

The DVD looks good, but if it is really created By Pavel, why isn't it sold on the StrongFirst Website.
You may rest assured that the content we're discussing "is really created by Pavel," who has created content in the form of articles for magazines in earlier times; a course offered on another web site seems to me to be the 21st century equivalent.

-S-

You may rest assured that the content we're discussing "is really created by Pavel," who has created content in the form of articles for magazines in earlier times; a course offered on another web site seems to me to be the 21st century equivalent.

-S-
It is fully fledged StrongFirst branded though. So it's fair to ask why it isn't available direct from StrongFirst.
Regardless, it's great content. It covers a wide range of skills and exercises to help safe progression and I am still loving it.
Just about to end my first cycle of Plan A and B and looking to advance to Go, Collect £200, and move onto doubles.

So it's fair to ask why it isn't available direct from StrongFirst.
If memory serves, on the BJJ website they talk about how they like to partner with high quality content providers. You could ask them more about this aspect of what they do. And again, it's not a StrongFirst production, it's authored by Pavel.

-S-

-S-
It is fully fledged StrongFirst branded though. So it's fair to ask why it isn't available direct from StrongFirst.
Regardless, it's great content. It covers a wide range of skills and exercises to help safe progression and I am still loving it.
Just about to end my first cycle of Plan A and B and looking to advance to Go, Collect £200, and move onto doubles.
If memory serves, on the BJJ website they talk about how they like to partner with high quality content providers. You could ask them more about this aspect of what they do. And again, it's not a StrongFirst production, it's authored by Pavel.

-S-
Power by Pavel, Inc,
StrongFirst(R), and
StrongFirst, Inc
are all mentioned in the copyright.
Sorry for being a pedant. Just want to explain my previous comment.

I think it is fair to ask. I guess it is all about reaching a wider and/or more targeted audience, and making StrongFirst known outside of our strength focused community. And of course we don't know about exclusive licensing.

My only complaint is that the name of both the product and the plans makes it hard to talk about it.

Last edited:

Also, can anyone comment on the value of this DVD versus the StrongFirst app?
BJJ Fanatics and their associated brand has a pretty wide reach on social media. Plus there is a lot of crossover between martial arts and the strength and conditioning world (thanks to things like Joe Rogan, etc.) -- seems to me like a "synergistic" business relationship.

That is me only speaking as a customer. Another advantage of the BJJF product is it is downloadable which for me is an advantage when it comes to using variable speed playback in something like VLC. To be honest, the PDF is worth it in terms of the programming and could probably be released as a companion piece to Simple and Sinister.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom