all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Pavel's bodyweight training

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Abishai

Level 5 Valued Member
Anyone know if Pavel has any non-minimalistic Bodyweight reccomendations?
I mastered the Naked Warrior and I want a more comprehensive Bodyweight program.
Im a Kavadlo Bros/Convict conditioning guy but, as a Pavel fanatic ,I want to know his opinions on Calithstenics
Thanks

I mastered the Naked Warrior and I want a more comprehensive Bodyweight program.
Im a Kavadlo Bros/Convict conditioning guy but, as a Pavel fanatic ,I want to know his opinions on Calithstenics
Thanks
There are lots of articles here how you can apply Pavel's principles to different bodyweight drills (My personal favorite is how Master instructor Jon Engum used the ROP ladders to handstand pushups)

Thanks
What you are ultimately looking for is covered in the two-day bodyweight certification (SFB) . If you can’t attend that, you could consider the online course or the Bodyweight 101 workshop. Info is available on this site.

Or as Mark recommends, check out the articles. They are all categorized. There are two articles on programming the hardstyle burpee which are fun.

Hello,

There are different strategies, not necessarily from Pavel himself, but "SF approved":
How to Double Your Kettlebell Press in 6 Weeks Without Touching a Bell | StrongFirst (this one is mentioned by @Mark Limbaga )

Kind regards,

Pet'

The only other real online option is the SF bodyweight course, which will add pull-ups (and then weighted pull-ups) and hanging leg raises. You can apply his principles to other bodyweight moves, though.

Thanks
I feel like gymnastic bodies might be up your alley.

The online course is available, it adds hanging leg raises, janda situps, and tactical pullups to the mix along with their regressions. If you are already familiar with Naked Warrior, then you are mostly familiar with the programming section of the online course. Unfortunately, it doesn't really have a detailed section on how to bring everything together in a more traditional program other than just stating the basic SF principles of be consistent, wave the load, and use specialized variety. So if you aren't comfortable doing it yourself, I'd go with a more detailed program or the in person class.

I want a more comprehensive Bodyweight program.
If you aren't a purist and have access to equipment, bodyweight moves pair well with weighted moves.
I did a cycle of one arm pushups, back squats, pullups, and deadlifts recently and enjoyed it.

Hello,

This one also have a wide variety of moves:

Kind regards,

Pet'

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom